Blackstone oil analysis on my 07 GT500

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
I have been curious as to how my internals are wearing; am I close to needed new bearings or are they pristine etc. So on the advice of Jesse, VMP top tech, he suggested I do a oil analysis which will tell me how the motor is doing with 68000 miles on it.

Got the report today and it speaks for itself:

DON: This Mustang seems to be in good condition. Some metals are a touch higher than we expect after a short run, but they're all within the realm of normal. Universal averages make a nice comparison to how most Ford 5.4L Supercharged engines wear after about 3,300 miles of oil use. Silicon is high, but we think it's from a harmless source, like a sealer or lube, since wear is good. It never hurts to give air filtration a once over, though, in case it's dirt. The TBN is strong at 4.6, showing plenty of active additive in reserve, since 1.0 is what we consider low. Nice report!

Here is the full pdf from blackstone

Attachments

• blackstone 2.pdf
    27.4 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Don't forget to post in the sticky above to keep it alive :)

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Could not open but I’ve been happy with doing an oil Analysis at every change on my 6900 mile GT500.
It’s cheap insurance IMO.
Sounds like with this clean bill of health, confidence in modding!
Good luck.
-J

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good report, and now you've got some great peace of mind going forward. Smart decision to get it done.

HKusp

Established Member
Looking at that PDF, you had a lot of Moly left, meaning that oil was still very good. If you wanted, you could extend that oil change interval for sure.

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
Looking at that PDF, you had a lot of Moly left, meaning that oil was still very good. If you wanted, you could extend that oil change interval for sure.
I change the oil about every 3000 miles and as one of the posters stated, this did give me piece of mind
Not bad for a 68000 mile Shelby

Race Red Boss

Established Member
Congrats on the solid report. I too like Blackstone labs and will be sending my 1st sample to them on my Shelby this fall.

Don't think I saw the oil mfg. noted. Which oil brand did you use?

Users who are viewing this thread