Blackface at Oklahoma State

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
Enlighten me. I understand the history of blackface, I understand where and why it originated and why it was offensive. But, in cases like this, or halloween, I don't understand the outrage. In context, with the snapchat caption, it is clear that there was zero offense intended. She wasn't trying to imitate a stereotype, or offend anyone in anyway. Clearly showing she would camouflage herself as a black girl to get a man. Would this not be more in line with flattery? All of this, "it's our culture not a costume", stuff, seems a bit petty.

Sincerely curious

834181dc496c9a4c92960c1bd7125a4f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
That one right there shouldn't be offensive to black folk I wouldn't think. It's kinda funny. But you really have to wonder how ****ing stupid people are to keep doing it especially when so many students have gotten suspended over shit like this. Are they living under a rock? I don't get it. Hopefully they just accept her apology and don't get her in any trouble for this.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
I personally don't have a problem with "black face" or "red face" or dressing up as any "race" really, even if I am Indian (no I don't give a damn about the Redskins mascot, either).

I've got bigger things to worry about.

That being said, she's flat out stupid to do that these days when everyone is on board the PC train and will likely push for her expulsion from OSU.

Related: LOL OSU. #BOOMER

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I don't believe that's an attempt at a "Blackface" costume. Looks more like someone took a photo of a girl using a cosmetic facial mask. Then they created a funny meme from it.

U.M.

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
I personally don't have a problem with "black face" or "red face" or dressing up as any "race" really, even if I am Indian (no I don't give a damn about the Redskins mascot, either).

I've got bigger things to worry about.

That being said, she's flat out stupid to do that these days when everyone is on board the PC train and will likely push for her expulsion from OSU.

Related: LOL OSU. #BOOMER
It does look like one of those peel off masks. Anyways, when did America become so damned offended? Getting tired of all this whining.

#SOONER

Last edited:

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
All I can really say is you would probably have to be a black person to truly understand why something like this might be offensive. I'm not Jewish so I'm not going to scoff at or make light of something many of them are offended by or imply they're weak for being offended.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
All I can really say is you would probably have to be a black person to truly understand why something like this might be offensive. I'm not Jewish so I'm not going to scoff at or make light of something many of them are offended by or imply they're weak for being offended.

Exactly.

OP whats the story here? If she posted this on social media I'm sure she posted her reasoning for doing it too. She trying to switch to dark meat? Pretty stupid either way.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't believe that's an attempt at a "Blackface" costume. Looks more like someone took a photo of a girl using a cosmetic facial mask. Then they created a funny meme from it.

U.M.

This.

That is facial exfoliating cream.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
It does look like one of those peel off masks. Anyways, when did America become so damned offended? Getting tired of all this whining.

#SOONER

No ****ing Shit.

People are going to get offended by this shit but no one is going to shit over this....

https://www.google.com/amp/globalne...und-with-ears-nose-cut-off/amp/?client=safari

636203505252682813-dog-mutilated.jpg

You live in a country with people that do this shit and your worries about some dumb bitch making a black face joke.

This world needs a biblical plague already....

Machdup1

Established Member
Since blackface originated to ridicule and stereotype blacks, it is easy to understand why it is offensive, it is one of many things that needs to go away.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
We need to see more "offensive" things like this one. Even if this chick was doing blackface, why cares? I applaud those willing to say FU to the dandy boys and girls finding offense.

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
We need to see more "offensive" things like this one. Even if this chick was doing blackface, why cares? I applaud those willing to say FU to the dandy boys and girls finding offense.
You have a deep dislike for black folks I've noticed

Blown 89

Established Member
So apparently we should be offended that some girl had a mud mask on but white people being the butt of damn near every minority comedy routine and Hollywood show is ok?

I agree that blackface needs to go away but is this really that offensive? It seems like people are a little too jumpy these days and they don't take context into consideration with anything.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Gravik

Established Member

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member

Users who are viewing this thread