Black Magnaflow street series.

7ONE7

B737 DRVR
Established Member
Just curious, I have the black coated street series Magnaflow's on my car. I had to send the first set back due to the coating flaking off inside the tip. While waiting on the warranty process to go through I ordered a second set and installed them yesterday, today after less then a 100 miles the coating is flaking off of this set too. Magnaflow and it's distributors are working with me so far. Just wondering if anybody else has this problem.
IMG_16701.gif

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I guess they are not using good paint or materials to withstand the heat coming out of there. That sucks

IA Shelby

Established Member
Just curious, I have the black coated street series Magnaflow's on my car. I had to send the first set back due to the coating flaking off inside the tip. While waiting on the warranty process to go through I ordered a second set and installed them yesterday, today after less then a 100 miles the coating is flaking off of this set too. Magnaflow and it's distributors are working with me so far. Just wondering if anybody else has this problem.
IMG_16701.gif

I would spray it with some vht header paint. Withstands temps up to 1800 degrees.

rford13

Established Member
That really sucks man, even though they looked pissed I would return them and get something else, only a matter of time til they start to chip on the outside too.

peteypab2133

Established Member
I was thinking along the same lines, except I paid $900+ for these and I expect better.

Looks like a high temp paint was used. Wonder why they did not jet coat them in black? Could try powdercoating it?

There is on on ebay that looks similar for $566 plus shipping right now..

7ONE7

B737 DRVR
Established Member
was thinking of ordering these---glad i didn't. keep us informed

Still working with Magnaflow on the refund for the black streets, should be no problem. I just ordered the polished street series, probably drive with them for a bit. Then find a good powder coating shop myself.......:beer:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Hey 7ONE7, looks like my ETA on my GT500 will be pushed back to December sometime. Do you plan to change tires or will you just put the car up for the Winter? You know how our "winters" can be, so I'm not sure I will stop driving mine when it gets here.

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
High temp flat black op. Touch them all up for under 10 dollars. It's not worth pulling them off and going through the warranty process. Especially for such a small issue.

peteypab2133

Established Member
High temp flat black op. Touch them all up for under 10 dollars. It's not worth pulling them off and going through the warranty process. Especially for such a small issue.

Your letting poor quality control win. If it was a $250 exhaust it's whatever. But it's not. We are paying the "luxury tax" on this stuff, we expect it to be top quality.

Users who are viewing this thread