Black Gold 380R's 65 Mustang Build Thread

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
This thread has grown so much that I forgot that pic. Yeah, that about on par with the one I posted. LOL.
Yeah, 2 years worth of posts is quite a lot.

I sometimes go through it (just the pictures) to see how far I've come. It's interesting to see some of the things I did to this car Bob.

So, it's cool to see the visual story on occasion to remind me where I started and how much work I actually put into this project.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

C2tuck

Established Member
Yeah, 2 years worth of posts is quite a lot.

I sometimes go through it (just the pictures) to see how far I've come. It's interesting to see some of the things I did to this car Bob.

So, it's cool to see the visual story on occasion to remind me where I started and how much work I actually put into this project.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I think you should reincorporate that bungee cord somewhere…lol

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Check it out everyone. Kindig is hiring. Do you think he would give me a job LMAO?

Screenshot_20220322-115821_Email (2).jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
You won’t know unless you apply…

That's true Bullitt, but I was just being facetious. LOL.... I have a great job.

Now, if I were retired I may see if a place like Kindig It or Martin Brothers would let me hang around and help sweep the floors or off load trucks or stack merchandise. That would be cool :D (y)

01yellercobra

Established Member
That's true Bullitt, but I was just being facetious. LOL.... I have a great job.

Now, if I were retired I may see if a place like Kindig It or Martin Brothers would let me hang around and help sweep the floors or off load trucks or stack merchandise. That would be cool :D (y)
Just remember is snows in Utah.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I am retired, thought about getting something time but then It would turn into a job and I don’t want one of those, too many other things to do that are a lot more fun.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
LOL @01yellercobra and @C2tuck . I agree with you both, but again I was being facetious. I'm not a fan of snow and due to that I wouldn't move to Salt Lake City. I'm getting older. So, moving to a colder climate doesn't seem like a wise move LMAO!!!

01yellercobra

Established Member
LOL @01yellercobra and @C2tuck . I agree with you both, but again I was being facetious. I'm not a fan of snow and due to that I wouldn't move to Salt Lake City. I'm getting older. So, moving to a colder climate doesn't seem like a wise move LMAO!!!
You act like I don't know when you're being smart ass. :)

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay everyone,

Just got off the phone with Kindig. He said they are boxing everything up and he is going to send it out today or tomorrow. Once I receive it I'm going to mock it up on the car and verify fitment.

He did mention that I'm going to have to drill and tap my intake in order to attach this air filtration system. He said it was very simple.

And even if I'm not comfortable doing it I can always have my fabricator come to the house and do it for me.

Looks like all my perseverance is paying off and my desire to have Kindig make a part for me is coming to fruition. SWEET!

He said once I verify fitment to send the parts back to him. He will polish them and then paint the top hats to match my valve covers and master cylinder cover.

This is going to be badass. Can't wait to get these parts next week......

For those that do not know or have not seen it, this is what Kindig is building for my car.

20210706_143309 a.jpg

If you look at this photo you will see bars connecting the throttle bodies (there are 4 of them). You will see each bar has 2 holes drilled into them. Those are the holes I'll have to drill in mine.
20210706_143015 a.jpg

Here is mine and you will notice there are no holes. Guess more modification is needed LOL.
20210905_152101.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
That’s gonna look bad ass!

Thank you Chad! Yeah, I thought so as well. I like the complete air filter per side look instead of 8 individual filters (which is the only way Borla offers true filters for this set up).

I'm not a fan of this look:
Filters.jpg

Also, the top hat matches my valve covers, master cylinder cover and breathers almost perfectly.

I also think it's cool Dave actually took this project on. I'm sure he has bigger fish to fry and way more money to make on other projects, but it's nice to know he's willing to help out us little guys too.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Found a picture of you on the internet. Bet it's going to be like the cherry on top of a Sunday, it's going to finish it off just right.
a7a6befa5d914a740fb2d82bac77503d.jpg

I think Willy Wonka has a tad bit more hair than I do Grabber, but, yeah, the facial expression is about the same. I guess that's why my wife says "Why do you have that goofy look on your face? Oh, you must have been talking to your boyfriend again!" ROFLMAO!!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thank you Chad! Yeah, I thought so as well. I like the complete air filter per side look instead of 8 individual filters (which is the only way Borla offers true filters for this set up).

I'm not a fan of this look:
View attachment 1742982

Also, the top hat matches my valve covers, master cylinder cover and breathers almost perfectly.

I also think it's cool Dave actually took this project on. I'm sure he has bigger fish to fry and way more money to make on other projects, but it's nice to know he's willing to help out us little guys too.
I definitely like your dual top hats better. Not that the eight air filters look really bad. They're cool in their own way. But the two top hats just make a better statement, especially with them matching the valve covers.

Users who are viewing this thread