Black Gold 380R's 65 Mustang Build Thread

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Ah man! I love them both. I am undecided because they will both look great

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Hello Geoff! Well, you are the first to like them equally lol. Others have said I can't go wrong either way, but then did choose one of them lol.

Appreciate your feedback brother!

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ToddW702

Established Member
I like option 2 as well. Having the color on the front edge of the hood pleases my eye better for some reason. Can’t wait to see you pick.

C2tuck

Established Member
I agree with others…both look good, but I think option 2 with the leading edge body color looks best.

Plus, you don’t seem like the type that goes for the easiest way…

Grabber70Mach

Established Member
Another vote for #2, when I originally mentioned it to you 69 style is what I had in mind.
13c9fc71a71b5641d1d589195039f48c.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Thank you all for taking the time to provide feedback.

@ToddW702 I agree with you. The leading edge being body color seems to work a little better for me too.

@C2tuck Thank you. It's not that I choose the hard way LOL. It just happens to work that way because in order to make it the way I like it just seems to be the difficult way. Believe me, sometimes I wish I could just press the easy button LOL.

easy GIF

@Grabber70Mach Thank you for posting that picture with the measurements. I will probably need to modify mine, but that is a good go by.

ToddW702

Established Member
What’s the saying? If it was easy everyone would do it. Something like that.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
What’s the saying? If it was easy everyone would do it. Something like that.

Lol, that is true Todd. Now that I think about it I don't think there was anything easy about this build.

I guess that's why I like it so much lmao...

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
What's your next task, Glenn?

Sorry Bob. Don't know how this post got by me. I'm currently trying to get the hood finished up.

However, my next official task is to get the car tuned and running properly. My fabricator friend had one of his friends contact me this week. The guy used to work for MSD and knows how to tune EFI. Also, the good thing is he will come to my house with his laptop and tune it in my garage.

With the family friend I was considering using, I would have to load the car up and tow it to his shop. So, I like the idea of the tuner coming out to my house instead.

The guy has already contacted me and knows the car is covered due to me painting the hood. So, once the hood is finished I'll coordinate with him to come out and see if we can get this thing running right.(y)

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Option 2 will give you a clean transition from closed to open hood.

LOL, now that you said that 598 you gave me another idea. I was thinking about bringing in the hood design in to the engine compartment. However, that would mean I would need to repaint the grill and radiator covers.

Don't know if I want to go that route just yet. Maybe later when I'm looking to do another project LOL.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Wow, so you’re ready for the tuner. The project is gathering steam. And the excitement builds!

Yes sir. Once it is tuned and running right all that will be left to do is final assembly of the front end and ensure all my lights work and she should be ready for her maiden voyage.

Almost their Bob! I'm hoping April or May. May would be 2 years exactly LOL.

Established Member
Have you counted the hours you have in the build? My guess is your time is deeply discounted to value on this one. Of course, we all do things for free when we enjoy it vs you couldn't pay me enough to do the job if you don't enjoy the job. This one is like a marriage; it shows you really love it.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
April or May would be awesome. It's been a long and winding road. But you've stayed the course!

Thank you Bob! Yeah, it is going to be great going from working on the car to enjoying it and seeing all the work I put into this car and realizing the vision I had in my head came to life.

Users who are viewing this thread