Black Chrome Bumper Inserts

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Well when I was storing my car for the end of the year I noticed that my bumper inserts were a little messed up (bent). So I just took them all off and decided they need to be replaced. I had the stainless steel chrome ones before.

Anyway does anyone have pictures of the black chrome inserts on their Cobra preferably on a black Cobra because I went to this site (http://www.mustangbumperinserts.com/blackchrome.html) and seen other colors I want to see how it looks on black it seems kind of dark. I tried to search because I remember seeing them on here a little while ago.

Thanks.

I am thinking of just going back to regular stainless chrome again but I thought I would check out other options.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would not do black chrome on black paint. The letter will likely look about the same color as the paint. Notice on the website they state they offered the black chrome for light colored paint. Not dark paint. And if you look at the examples they give you can see why. IMO stick with the polished stainless steel for more contrast. JMO.

Nice looking Cobra by the way. :)

sltblock

Established Member
I have the carbon fiber leters on my Black vert and its looks great. I will try and get you a pic.

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
I have the hard plastic ones in 3D (black) They look really nice

Last edited:

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
I would not do black chrome on black paint. The letter will likely look about the same color as the paint. Notice on the website they state they offered the black chrome for light colored paint. Not dark paint. And if you look at the examples they give you can see why. IMO stick with the polished stainless steel for more contrast. JMO.

Nice looking Cobra by the way. :)

That's a good way to look at it thanks for the input and compliment:thumbsup:

I have the carbon fiber leters on my Black vert and its looks great. I will try and get you a pic.

A picture of that would be nice I have never heard nor seen them on a Cobra. Thanks I appreciate it.

Thanks for all of the input I'm going to go with the stainless & if someone would be kindly to show me the carbon fiber that could be a possibility.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Well when I was storing my car for the end of the year I noticed that my bumper inserts were a little messed up (bent). So I just took them all off and decided they need to be replaced. I had the stainless steel chrome ones before.

Anyway does anyone have pictures of the black chrome inserts on their Cobra preferably on a black Cobra because I went to this site (http://www.mustangbumperinserts.com/blackchrome.html) and seen other colors I want to see how it looks on black it seems kind of dark. I tried to search because I remember seeing them on here a little while ago.

Thanks.

I am thinking of just going back to regular stainless chrome again but I thought I would check out other options.

IMO, those inserts are on a must on a Cobra. If you're going to buy any type of metal ones, they should be from mustangbumerinserts.com, just as you posted a link to. They are higher quality than the rest.

I have them on my car and I love them. I wrote a review them a while back. I'll look for the thread for you.

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
^ Thanks alot man I appreciate it.

Those black chrome inserts look stellar on your car. I'm really surprised to see how reflective and noticeable they are on the black Cobra. It looks good to me and no one around here have those inserts lol

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I did two sets of the stainless and hates them. Harder to clean and one cut my hand. I hate the cheap stickers and they look like butt anyhow. I found the 3d domed stickers and love them. You can find them on Ebay. -Shane
IMG_0794.gif

Last edited:

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
haha does the black chrome blind people like the chrome?? my friends complain about riding behind me all the time

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Actually the black carbon fiber inserts do look pretty nice on black paint. I would agree that either the stainless/chrome or carbon fiber would look nice.

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
I did two sets of the stainless and hates them. Harder to clean and one cut my hand. I hate the cheap stickers and they look like butt anyhow. I found the 3d domed stickers and love them. You can find them on Ebay. -Shane

I have the 3D domed inserts in black and after my friend sold me the set they seem impossible to find. Even on eBay

Users who are viewing this thread