Black Chrome Bumper Inserts on Black Cobra? Picture Request...

Hunter_M_

Established Member
For the life of me I cannot find a picture of black chrome bumper inserts on a black car. I've googled it, looked on customer photos on american muscle, lmr, etc..., and I've tried searching on here, but nothing. Then again, I'm not too familiar with using the search engine on here, so my apologies if I am just completely lost and oblivious. You think a 22yr old would be more forum savvy, but no. Anyway, if there's anyone out there that has a picture or has black on black, I would appreciate the photo.

6fPLMy3.jpg

I thought a while back this could be it, but it's to my understanding that this guy actually has regular chrome and the lighting and reflection is just giving it that black look. Once again, thanks to anyone that helps me out here.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Here ya go. Pics can be deceiving though. Sometimes they blend in to the bumper where you wouldn't even know they were there. Other times they look straight chrome. Depends in the lighting i guess.

100_0487_zpsdstirwjh.jpg
100_0488_zpsjp7wlqpa.jpg
20160414_195234_zpsrp8czlhr.jpg

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Have you ever seen/considered flat black bumper inserts. They really look good on black Cobras. Especially if you don't like that black chrome can look like chrome at certain angles and under certain lighting conditions. Just a thought.

John M

Blue Oval
Established Member
I want to do the same, my buddys hate it at night when I'm in front blinds the **** out of them lol, and I don't like the flashy chrome on black IMO

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I think the black chrome bumper inserts will look really good on black, i have on my mystichrome and love them!

Hunter_M_

Established Member
Thanks for the help and ideas, guys. I was thinking if I didn't like the black chrome then I'd just do matte black vinyl instead. It'd be matte and stealthy, but raised from the inserts a bit so it's still pop. Trying to go with the "less is more" idea. Thanks again!

94slowbra1

Established Member
My car is black and right now I have the raised chrome inserts. I'm thinking about switching to a chrome vinyl outlines. I do like the black chrome idea though

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Not a Black Termi, but here is what mine look like on my Mystichrome with Blackchrome AFS wheels, this was also a very bright and clear day i was trying to create a suttle look as well, although I know my paint aint suttle, was trying to do something different that wasn't to flashy.

20140812_083238 (Small).jpg

hotcobra03

Established Member
Im black with chrome inserts. .seen some black and also liked it..

but im more on the chrome look being we also put a cobra above svt

Steve1578

Established Member
I would definitely be interested in seeing the flat black steel if anyone has any pics(sorry to thread jack OP). I'm in the same situation. I want to "murder" out my car, gonna do black for the cobra & svt emblems, but I still want the cobra inserts to have a little pop. The black chrome looks like a good option thus far.

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
I'd like some black Chrome inserts, where can I purchase a good set of these? You can find them for $49 all the way down to about $15.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not a Black Termi, but here is what mine look like on my Mystichrome with Blackchrome AFS wheels, this was also a very bright and clear day i was trying to create a suttle look as well, although I know my paint aint suttle, was trying to do something different that wasn't to flashy.

View attachment 70108

Wow, that rear bumper looks really nice. Heck, your Mystichrome Cobra overall looks awesome. Another example of why the Terminator is so sought after. Owners like you mod to perfection and take really nice care of them. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread