Black 95 First Detail Pics

Joker606

Insane in the Membrane
Established Member
Decided to start another thread with pics of my first experience with the UDM and some good product.

Used Menzerna Intesive Polish and Micro Polish. Then Clearkote Red Moose Machine Glaze and followed that up with Natty's Blue. I was only able to get half the car done. The roof, trunk, rear fenders and bumper. Will finish up the front half tomorrow. Wasn't very pleased with the ability to get rid of swirls and scratches. Although I contribute this to my noobishness :-D

Onward to the pics .

DSCN0933.jpg

DSCN0926.jpg

DSCN0927.jpg

Don't mind the dust or lint that floated on there, didn't notice it without the camera.
DSCN0928.jpg

Pic of the front fender, didn't do this part of the car, trying to see if I could capture some of the imperfections in the paint , I want to get out.
DSCN0930.jpg

Small scratch I couldn't get out. Frustrated me, thought it would come out.
DSCN0929.jpg

DSCN0923.jpg

DSCN0922.jpg

DSCN0931.jpg

I'm not too sure about how the process went wrong. How do you determine what speeds and the length of time you polish each panel?? And also, I know you buff off the remaining material with a microfiber but do you let it dry first?
Thanks Guys.

Joker606

Insane in the Membrane
Established Member
CCS pads from the buffing pad starter kit from Scott P.

Menzerna Intensive with Orange pad
Menzerna Micro with White pad
Red Moose Glaze with Blue
Natty's Blue by hand

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
CCS pads from the buffing pad starter kit from Scott P.

Menzerna Intensive with Orange pad Start at speed 3 and move up to 5
Menzerna Micro with White pad same as above
Red Moose Glaze with Blue speed 3
Natty's Blue by hand

Do a two by two section and do a section until the polish flashes or goes transparent.

Joker606

Insane in the Membrane
Established Member
How much product do you put on the pad? Maybe I'm not using enough. I create a small x that criss crosses the pad. Then put it around one panel before turning on the buffer.

zeus201

Established Member
How much product do you put on the pad? Maybe I'm not using enough. I create a small x that criss crosses the pad. Then put it around one panel before turning on the buffer.

about six inches is what you want to start with and as the pad starts to get "primed" with product you can start to limit the amount of product you use on each panel.

you might not be letting the polish completely break down. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread