Bitcoin ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
But as someone who has researched it some, I dont see it as a currency replacement. I only see it as another means to make purchases and do other things that these coins have designed into them, very useful things. Not once have I ever thought it would replace the dollar or whatever, but I still see value in the technology.

I actually dont think they could exist without established currencies. Just how the dollar is supposed to be backed by gold, the cryptos need to be backed by the dollar for the time being.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app
The dollar isn't backed by gold.

Just for fun, if the smallest unit of Bitcoin was worth a penny, 1 Bitcoin is $1M.

This thing could quite possibly go much higher even if it is only seen as a place to stash value. It needs stability to do that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

Established Member
All fiat currencies are backed by their respective issuing governments capacity to honor that currency, which they can do by taxation. Currencies backed by gold or silver are harder to weaken, and at different times in every countries economic cycle, it is beneficial to strengthen or weaken your currency. Thus, the fed printing press, quantitative easing, etc. It is a global financial tool that would be hampered if callable. When the monetary policymakers of each country go too far beyond the bounds of prudent monetary policy, markets adjust to force them back into a more reasonable policy. look up how Soros got his first really big slug of money. In my mind, bitcoin and the others exist because of QE and negative interest rates, as well as less than desirable need to transact money, such as third world currencies and illegal funds transfer. The big simple truth to me is when the global bankers at Davos got together and decided that when everyone was forced onto a digital currency platform, it would be easier to control the people and seize wealth from them, by taxation, negative interest rates, court or government mandate, etc. Bitcoin was an unintended consequence and the global bankers really haven't figured out how to make their next move yet. Bitcoin will probably fail, because it has all the worlds governments stacked against it, it is rarely used for what it was originally promised, a means to cheaply and anonymously make payments, and it is still too easy to loose(hacking) or misplace(computer failure or database failure). It doesn't mean cryptocurrency is dead, and ultimately cryptocurrency is moving us as a population right in the direction that the global bankers want us anyway, which is digital vs hard currency.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I made a Coinbase account. Still not sure I'm actually going to buy anything...

assasyn

Established Member
I've been waiting on my USD account to be verifyed since last week when litecoin was way under $275. Anyone else having this issue? $400 in the debit account won't let you do anything.

Anyone else moving on NEO or Ripple?

Never_Enough

Established Member
For those not wanting to buy bitcoin, but still join in, try MGTI stock. It's on a run today. I should have bought more.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I've been waiting on my USD account to be verifyed since last week when litecoin was way under $275. Anyone else having this issue? $400 in the debit account won't let you do anything.

Did you get your I'd uploaded?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

That's normal. It will hit your Coinbase account and you will have everything at the rate you bought in at, plus what you have earned from it.

That is why I use a credit card now and just pay my balance with what I would have used from an account. The credit card transactions hit immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread