Bilstien Coilover Upgrade

stutter

eat me
Established Member
So, looking into coilovers and noticed Bilstien offers a coilover upgrade kit. Read the instructions and looked it up online, seems pretty cool. Just take the shock apart, cut the strut off, smooth it, slide the sleeve over and attach after measuring, reassemble, add spring, adjust, and hook it back up. Seems legit and you can plug it back in and not have that stupid dash light on because your shocks are unplugged. Has anyone done this? Think I want to do this

stutter

eat me
Established Member
Sorry guys, not confirmed yet. Maximum Motorsports has a kit, and Bilstien offers their own without a spring. Im still doing research as I am trying to look into this. I have contacted MM in hopes of finding out if their kit will work. I was just seeing if anyone has done this yet

paluka21

Established Member
Sorry guys, not confirmed yet. Maximum Motorsports has a kit, and Bilstien offers their own without a spring. Im still doing research as I am trying to look into this. I have contacted MM in hopes of finding out if their kit will work. I was just seeing if anyone has done this yet

Would be interesting in hearing more about this.

stutter

eat me
Established Member
Talking to few people, I will have updates soon as we are getting dimensions all figured out. I will be playing with spring rates and length to get perfect. Also, this will require cutting the front strut off, if I can perfect it, I will post up, and I might offer to do this for a couple other members if I get mine right

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Talking to few people, I will have updates soon as we are getting dimensions all figured out. I will be playing with spring rates and length to get perfect. Also, this will require cutting the front strut off, if I can perfect it, I will post up, and I might offer to do this for a couple other members if I get mine right

Would this allow for height adjustability?

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
Most Coil overs would have a preload screw adjustment. I'd say they should be height and preload adjustable. IT'd be foolish not to be....defeats the purpose of a coil over.

stutter

eat me
Established Member
Yes, height adjustment, and being able to find a proper spring that would fit your needs would be an added benefit. You could have your own spring just for your car or switch them out. Up or down adjustability would be only about 1-3in. Along with the fact that you could still push the button on your console for sport mode and there will be no dash light on as your still using the stock shocks. Our stock shocks are Bilsteins Damptronics, they are nice and expensive. They come stock on GTRs and Porches.

stutter

eat me
Established Member
Ok, so parts are getting ordered....hope they fit because everyone I've contacted has given me some BS excuse of why it won't work, or they won't do this or I'm sorry they won't help you. Im pretty damn sure this will work, I am ordering parts from different people after the 100s of articles I have read on this. Ill let you guys know what I get done. Really wish people in our community weren't so negative and would help someone one trying something new.....

Users who are viewing this thread