Billy Joel "It's Still Rockin Roll to Me"

daredevil95

Established Member
In this Billy Joel song "It's Still Rockin Roll to Me".....what the hell are PINK SIDEWINDERS??? I'm 41 and these are before my time....any ideas?

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgLzYbRN_Ww&feature=player_detailpage"]YouTube - Billy Joel - It's Still Rock 'n Roll To Me[/nomedia]

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This was the best answer I could find with Google. And it really isn't an answer. Just two high probabilities.

"How about a pair of pink sidewinders And a bright orange pair of pants?" After much research the only thing I can definitively say is that sidewinders are a pair of shoes - which one would naturally assume from the context of the lyrics. The majority of references refer to them as a 1960s dancing shoe. When one enters the realm of the 'pink sidewinders' there are two opposing views and no definitive correct answer: * One school of thought says they are a pair of wing tipped shoes but with pink instead of the usual white areas. * The other group says that 'sidewinder' refers to the style of lacing the shoe rather than the shoe itself. Thus it would have been a regular pair of shoes with pink shoelaces tied in this style. My assumption is that they are probably both right but maybe in different times or localities. Someone has actually posted the question on the Billy Joel web site but he hasn't answered yet!"

daredevil95

Established Member
Yea....every time I listen to that song....I have no idea wtf pink sidewinders are:

I was thinking orange pants with the long pink socks that go over the pants up to the knees....something from the 70s....? All well......well never know this trivial pursuit answer?

flashdance.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread