Votes: 47 14.2%
  • Other

Votes: 31 9.4%

• Total voters

badjudgement

bluzilla
Established Member
billetflow belt size

Hi i have just bought a a kennybell 2.2 and the billetflow 2.76 with the four idlers. does any one know what belt size to use for this setup

dougwg

Established Member
badjudgement said:
Hi i have just bought a a kennybell 2.2 and the billetflow 2.76 with the four idlers. does any one know what belt size to use for this setup

I would try the stock belt first... but I'm sure someone will chime in with a size

turbochad

Got Boost
Established Member
Doug, my blower is getting ported at Stieg this week and I am going to have them install your 2.93 upper. Is there a way to work this out so that I can get the deal on the combo #2? They said I would have to get you to ship me the non slip snub idler, thanks in advance.

sunburst six

Established Member
Meh, I've got Metco for all my pulleys. Of course, they're top notch and I have zero complaints. Of course, I'd take Billetflow in a heartbeat if I were to ever get another Cobra. ;)

Mike_Hawk

Too Much Juice
Established Member
dougwg said:
Gawd I love this thread!

You're welcome! ;-)

Oh and I've been meaning to ask you something. I have a little project of mine I'd like to get anodized. I was going to get all the materials and do it myself but it'd only be a one-time thing so it wouldn't be worth it. I figure since you're all set up and everything, would your services be available to me? IM or email. Thanks!

hitman#1

The Harbinger Of Doom...
Established Member
If Billetflow's customer service is so great, why won't they make me a 3.4" upper ring?

It's not like they'd have to design one from scratch (it's something that's listed on their web-site), just put the program and a hunk of aluminum in the machine and a few minutes later they'll have a happy customer, instead of a pissed-off individual looking for someone else to supply my needed parts. :cuss:

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
hitman#1 said:
If Billetflow's customer service is so great, why won't they make me a 3.4" upper ring?

It's not like they'd have to design one from scratch (it's something that's listed on their web-site), just put the program and a hunk of aluminum in the machine and a few minutes later they'll have a happy customer, instead of a pissed-off individual looking for someone else to supply my needed parts. :cuss:

Only maybe 2 people a year want a 3.4 ring. To buy stock and tie up a machine to run a couple parts would cost money and not make money. There's more to it then just throwing a chunk of metal in. There are many steps involved and the machines have to be set up for that part and then torn back down and re-setup for what is currently being run. Large batches are always being run with all of the CNC machines constantly being tied up.

hitman#1

The Harbinger Of Doom...
Established Member
BlownShift said:
Only maybe 2 people a year want a 3.4 ring. To buy stock and tie up a machine to run a couple parts would cost money and not make money. There's more to it then just throwing a chunk of metal in. There are many steps involved and the machines have to be set up for that part and then torn back down and re-setup for what is currently being run. Large batches are always being run with all of the CNC machines constantly being tied up.

You know, you would sound more credible if you weren't prone to some exaggeration. Two people a year, huh? So what you're saying is that since Cobra/Lightning/Harley production started in 1999, only 14 of these pulley rings have ever been produced/sold? Right. Buy stock? Oh, so Billetflow makes these particular pulleys out of some different material than that which is used in other production runs? Unobtainium, perhaps?:rollseyes

Look, I understand about the machine set-up, but the same machines that make the other pulley rings make this size, too. Same operations, same tooling, same amount of cuts, just a slightly different diameter. Basically, just a slight modification to the program. If Billetflow had to write a custom program for this, I would completely understand not wanting to do this, but it's something that they have already made, so the program exists.

I never said I wouldn't pay a little extra, but there seems to be no inclination to do this, so therefore I'm venting. I know it's just sour grapes on my part, but I don't like having to change my plans.

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
geez...

I will make somemore 3.4's WHEN I setup to do Cobra pulleys again.... which should be somewhat soon as I'm running out of 3.100" pulleys

It just might be a month or so before they are ready..... Cool?

hitman#1

The Harbinger Of Doom...
Established Member
dougwg said:
geez...

I will make somemore 3.4's WHEN I setup to do Cobra pulleys again.... which should be somewhat soon as I'm running out of 3.100" pulleys

I can live with that. :beer: How about I give you guys a call in a couple of weeks for an update? Or should I just email you?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

shamis935

Jesus built my hotrod
Established Member
BlownShift said:

being a machinist for 11 years now you learn about losing money to please a customer (once in a while) but a pulley shouldnt take more than an hour or two to set-up. but with the way material prices have doubled you cant expect a guy to put 100 parts on the shelf.

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
Big_Torch said:
I vote BF,

but because I've never seen someone complain about any of Doug's products, just they way he likes to lash out on people in threads, hold on doug, easy killer!

totally agree. love billetflow items, and doug, well he is a pit bull.

LIKE IT

Established Member
dougwg said:
geez...

Can i special order a 2.90 pulley for the 03cobra supercharged!?.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread