BilletFlow IRS DIFF COVER BRACE

rmgtc01

Established Member
chocolatespeed said:
Hey, Rob I was wondering if you had Delray Lincoln install your brace under warranty? If that was the case I guess having this mod wouldn't void your warranty.Anyways, I'll probably see this week at Towers.

No, Delray LM is cool. They installed it so they have to warranty the work as well, but they didn't say it would void my extended warranty. I have had nothing but great experiences from them.
I met the tech and he told me it took him about 1.5 hours to put it. He said it was a PITA. He dropped the IRS to do it. He had to b/c there is barely any room to work. Anyways, they did a great job and it looks good.
The Tech also said that the brace looked indestructable and something else in the rear would break before the diff cover. That is what I like to hear. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

chocolatespeed

Established Member
rmgtc01 said:
No, Delray LM is cool. They installed it so they have to warranty the work as well, but they didn't say it would void my extended warranty. I have had nothing but great experiences from them.
I met the tech and he told me it took him about 1.5 hours to put it. He said it was a PITA. He dropped the IRS to do it. He had to b/c there is barely any room to work. Anyways, they did a great job and it looks good.
The Tech also said that the brace looked indestructable and something else in the rear would break before the diff cover. That is what I like to hear. :thumbsup:
Yeah, that's an investment I will definitely be making ASAP. From your talk with the tech this sounds like something alittle beyond my skills( dropping the irs and all). How much do you think it will cost to have someone install it *properly*? Man, it must feel good to know you can drop the hammer without any worries :) .

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
Just ordered mine. The car is at the dealership getting the diff re-sealed for the 2nd time. The brace is going on as soon as I get the car back.

PoisonSnake

Banned
How hard is this install? Could a non-mechanic (like myself) do it by just following the instructions or should I just have a mechanic do it to be on the safe side? What are some things that might go wrong if I tried to do this myself?

JymBart

Established Member
Bunny with a pancake on it`s head

Doug,
I have the IRS brace, the wiper blades, and all the pulleys, Great products!!

How `bout that photo of the bunny with a pancake on it`s head, I`d like to see that.

JymBart

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
JymBart said:
How `bout that photo of the bunny with a pancake on it`s head, I`d like to see that.
:D

attachment.php

Last edited:

rmgtc01

Established Member
PoisonSnake said:
How hard is this install? Could a non-mechanic (like myself) do it by just following the instructions or should I just have a mechanic do it to be on the safe side? What are some things that might go wrong if I tried to do this myself?

The tech said he had to drop the IRS to do it properly. He said a driveway install would be difficult. If you had access to a lift, it would be much easier. I say just let a place do it and this way the work is guaranteed.

dougwg

Established Member
rmgtc01 said:
The tech said he had to drop the IRS to do it properly.
Thats BS. I hope he didn't charge you for that.

rmgtc01 said:
He said a driveway install would be difficult.
Not true at all. As long as you don't mind work.

rmgtc01 said:
If you had access to a lift, it would be much easier.
Not really a lot, more like a little easier

rmgtc01 said:
I say just let a place do it and this way the work is guaranteed.
thats another way to do it :rockon:

rmgtc01

Established Member
Guess that sums that up.
Luckily I didn't have to pay for any of it. They replaced my cover under warranty and threw the brace on for free. So I made out, but it is good to know in case so others don't get taken advantage of.

I am somewhat mechanically enclined, but it looked a bit difficult in the driveway. I am slightly intimidated by the IRS and don't want to be stuck messing up my cobra. I am sure there are alot of other owners on this board in the same mindset. I have had 5 other GT's that I worked on with no problems.
I am also a visual learner, so I like to see how something is done; then I can do it. Maybe a step by step post with pics for us slow learners. :beer:

Hope you don't hate my post Doug, I endorse the product 100%. I just can only comment on my own experience and intimidation for the install. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
Bullet Proof testing shall be conducted tomorrow. :pop:

Rounds tested on brace will include but not limited to:

Pistol
  • .22 rimfire (22/45 Ruger)
  • 40 S&W (Sig Sauer P229)
  • 38 Special (S&W 686)
  • 357 Mag. (S&W 686)
  • 44 Mag. (S&W 629, Ruger Super BlackHawk)
  • 45-70 Gov. (yes, I know it's a rifle cartridge but I'm dumb enough to own a revolver chambered in this round. Magnum Research BFR) :p

Rifle
  • .22 rimfire (10/22 Ruger)
  • .223 Rem (assorted rounds and weapons including evil black guns :dw: )
  • 7.62 x 39 (SKS)
  • .308 Win (Remington 700)

Shot Gun
  • 12G, 00 Buck shot (Remington 1187)

I'll also be bringing some blemished pulleys and even an old TB ;-)

Pic's and hopefully a vid or 2 to follow, so stay tuned :coolman:

The Pun

Formerly 10th03cobra
Established Member
Doug, stop playing with your toys and finish up those throttle bodies....

:poke:

dougwg said:
Bullet Proof testing shall be conducted tomorrow. :pop:

Rounds tested on brace will include but not limited to:

Pistol
  • .22 rimfire (22/45 Ruger)
  • 40 S&W (Sig Sauer P229)
  • 38 Special (S&W 686)
  • 357 Mag. (S&W 686)
  • 44 Mag. (S&W 629, Ruger Super BlackHawk)
  • 45-70 Gov. (yes, I know it's a rifle cartridge but I'm dumb enough to own a revolver chambered in this round. Magnum Research BFR) :p

Rifle
  • .22 rimfire (10/22 Ruger)
  • .223 Rem (assorted rounds and weapons including evil black guns :dw: )
  • 7.62 x 39 (SKS)
  • .308 Win (Remington 700)

Shot Gun
  • 12G, 00 Buck shot (Remington 1187)

I'll also be bringing some blemished pulleys and even an old TB ;-)

Pic's and hopefully a vid or 2 to follow, so stay tuned :coolman:

dougwg

Established Member
Well we would have had a Vid of us shooting the brace... but someone had to empty a mag into it before I could even get my damn gun loaded :nono:

Common decency would dictate that the person that brought the item to be shot would have first crack at it :dw:

OH, he goes by postban on here, a nice heaping of scorn would be in order! :nonono:

I'll get the pic's posted Monday

Last edited:

everyman

smoke 'em
dougwg said:
Well we would have had a Vid of us shooting the brace... but someone had to empty a mag into it before I could even get my damn gun loaded :nono:

Common decency would dictate that the person that brought the item to be shot would have first crack at it :dw:

OH, he goes by postban on here, a nice heaping of scorn would be in order! :nonono:

I'll get the pic's posted Monday

I can't believe that POSTWHORE would do something like that. :rolleyes:

:burn:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread