BilletFlow IRS DIFF COVER BRACE

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Doug and his wife are enjoying a well-deserved vacation this weekend :beer:

he'll be back in the shop on Monday..

newbreed77 said:
Think I found my next mod. Doug, you still have the black ones in stock? Should be calling to order in a few days.

rmgtc01

Established Member
Crap, I have a small leak on my diff.
I noticed it in the garage, wiped it up and then the next day a couple more drops.
I am not sure how safe it is now to drive on, but I don't think I have lost very much since it just started. I have been doing some more spirited driving than usual and getting the occasional wheel hop. Kinda has me freaked out now, but I don't see any cracks. Since I got to reseal this thing anyways, I am going to buy the insurance.

Doug, I think I will be getting one on Monday if you have any Red left.
Not bad at 165 shipped.
Thanks,
Rob :thumbsup:

dougwg

Established Member
newbreed77 said:
Think I found my next mod. Doug, you still have the black ones in stock? Should be calling to order in a few days.

rmgtc01 said:
Doug, I think I will be getting one on Monday if you have any Red left.
Not bad at 165 shipped.
Thanks,
Rob :thumbsup:

we have Black and Red in stock and ready to ship :rockon:

rmgtc01

Established Member
dougwg said:
we have Black and Red in stock and ready to ship :rockon:

Doug,

Paypal Sent.

I am not sure if this comes with instructions, and I am also not sure what I will need as far as tools to do this my self. I would like to do this in the garage, so how difficult would you say; and how long? Do you recommend a certain hightemp RTV?; and what fluid do you recommend to refill it with?

So many questions. Thanks :beer:

1slow2v

Established Member
it's not that difficult, you shouldn't need any rtv unless your cover is already leaking. cover stays on. great product and the directions are included.

mtl-biker

Established Member
dougwg said:
I get more in all the time... but my welder has a hard time keeping up... But he's a great welder.

If you want one... CALL and place the order. If you never get in line, you can't get on the ride.

Hi dougwg

I send you a pm need info
Thanks
Mario :coolman:

rmgtc01

Established Member
Well, ...

I went to install the cover this afternoon and got the car up on the jack stands.
I got under there and noticed that it wasn't the diff. leaking, it was the passenger side axle right where it was going into the diff. I checked for any other damage but that was it. The factory seal job did look like crap though. I am taking into the dealer tomorrow for work. Maybe they will put the brace on while they are under there.

BTW, thanks Doug...I got the brace on Friday. Came in wrapped up bullet-proof tight :thumbsup: Very quality piece, and pretty too. Ashame it won't be seen too often.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
I got my black IRS brace last week and finally installed it today. Looks sweet! Much more rugged than before. :banana:

silvercoffin

Established Member
hey

I had my brace installed and the shop resealed my diff. After two trips to the track it started leaking again. The shop said that the diff cover must be warped or cracked and that they could not have possibily noticed that after putting it back together test driving and seeing no leaks. What does everyone think of that?

I have never heard of a cover leaking after being resealed with the brace as well.

rmgtc01

Established Member
silvercoffin said:
I would think so they are a pretty reputable shop.

Mine is in the shop right now. The dealer said that the axle seal is leaking, but the diff. cover is slightly warped too. It wasn't leaking from the cover, but after they put it back on they couldn't get it to mate properly for some reason. They ordered a new one and they are installing my brace for free under warranty too!!

silvercoffin

Established Member
hmm

Yeah...

well the shop I used says a warped or cracked cover can be undetectable and that they did all the could. They are charging me again to fix it for a second time! I have told them how unhappy I am and they refuse to do anything for me...including getting me in any sooner to fix it. I'm pissed about that the most. I dont think they care because they are so booked up...about their customers. I'll let them fix it, but if they do charge me top dollar again..im done with them. I love how they got my car running, but this is rediculous and not the first time something related to what they have done has gone wrong after they work on the car....of course each time there is some explaination for the problem...other than their handywork and I get charged again...

for example....A wheel bearing mysteriously goes bad after they install a new half shaft....the owner accuses me of hitting a curb!...later I learned that torqueing in a shaft wrong will cause a bearing to go bad! I got charged full price for them to fix the bearing. OR a heat sensor on the air intake goes bad....the cause??? probably too much oil in the Air Filter they just installed....still charged me for the heat sensor! COme on

You would think these places would have better PR.....sure they have all the customers they need, but if Im not happy Ill be telling everyone at the track and on the net about it.

OK Ill stop now...sorry im hijacking here...but im really upset about this...

I just wanted to know what everyone (espeically any mechanics here) think about the fact that the shop says they cant always detect a warped or cracked cover... I have serious doubts that I will bring it in and they will say...."we didnt tighten the bolts enough" or "we used the wrong sealant"...i have a feeling it will be my cover!

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
DontGetBit said:
Are these in stock now? I need to order a black one asap. I will call on monday to place my order.

yes they are in stock as per my web site...trying to keep it updated

dougwg

Established Member
silvercoffin said:
Yeah...

...."we didnt tighten the bolts enough" or "we used the wrong sealant"...i have a feeling it will be my cover!

crawl under there and look...

the sealant should be grey in color
The Ford Part Number is TA-31
FIR No. 139293

"RTV Silicone Sealant"
"For use on 7.3 L Diesel Engine"

I thought there was a TSB on this :shrug:

Last edited:

chocolatespeed

Established Member
rmgtc01 said:
Mine is in the shop right now. The dealer said that the axle seal is leaking, but the diff. cover is slightly warped too. It wasn't leaking from the cover, but after they put it back on they couldn't get it to mate properly for some reason. They ordered a new one and they are installing my brace for free under warranty too!!
Hey, Rob I was wondering if you had Delray Lincoln install your brace under warranty? If that was the case I guess having this mod wouldn't void your warranty.Anyways, I'll probably see this week at Towers.

Users who are viewing this thread