Billetflow Idler Pulleys - Few Questions

CobraLov3r

Established Member
Well, finally making the switch to some Billetflow Idler's after much recommendation from some friends. Still running stock idlers on a 2.9 whipple is when this happens after a night at the drag strip and one highway pull :coolman: Anyways...I have a 2.9 whipple with a 3.5" upper and stock lower pulley. If i was to order the billet flow idlers, would I have any issue rubbing on the 3.5 being so big? Would I have to use a 92mm or 90mm instead? Also..I cut my green stripe gates belt 76.5" off because it shredded during the break. What would i need to run for a belt size with the aftermarket idlers?

Thanks

photo_zps12c81dbc.jpg

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Are you running a Aux idler or looking to just replace the factory idlers? I can not comment on the 2.9s but with a TVS and a billetflow Aux a 3.3 upper will not clear. I run a 3.0 upper on my TVS and have to run the 90mm Aux because the 92 will not clear. However with my 2.6 upper I am able to put the 92mm on with ease. I would think with the 2.9 being bigger you should not have a problem but I am sure one of the 2.9 guys will chime in and clarify.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I'm running an 100mm upper auxillery tensioner with my 2.8 KB with a 3.75" upper pulley.

Get the idlers on the car, run a string like the belt would go, apply full tension to your tensioner. Order the belt closest to what you measure. I've done this several times and the belts always worked for me.

Users who are viewing this thread