Bill Elliotts 1965 Cobra can be yours for just 80k!

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
*Got my tabs mixed up and posted in road side accidentally.

Thought this was a cool find.

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/listing/1965/ford/shelby--other/744827

16934335.jpg

[youtube_browser]dIvzrx0NEaE[/youtube_browser]

TERMN8U

Established Member
Cool post. I would have bought that next spring. Seems extremely cheap.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
How can Pawn Stars buy just the body (no drivetrain or even interior whatsoever) of a Shelby cobra for $60,000 but this one not being a kit car only run for slighty more while also being owned by a famous driver?

Thump_rrr

Established Member
How can Pawn Stars buy just the body (no drivetrain or even interior whatsoever) of a Shelby cobra for $60,000 but this one not being a kit car only run for slighty more while also being owned by a famous driver?

They can claim whatever they want but I guarantee you that doesn't have a Shelby a American VIN number.
Not even a continuation series VIN.

Not to mention an 8500 RPM REDLINE!!!

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
8500rpm 850hp 358ci NASCAR motor in a car like that would pants shittingly fast. I wonder if it hooks at all.

gamebred26

Established Member
cant imagine what the compression is on that thing...and it aint running on pump 93 lol...

mulchman

Established Member

Says in the video it is a replica.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member

The body that the Pawn Stars bought was a Shelby continuation body (Aluminum) and I think that body had a CSX number. In the world of Cobras, if it is a Shelby car or body it is much bigger dollars.

The Elliot car is a nice car but a one off car to be sure. It has been sold and bought before, I thought for more money. This car is a fiberglass body, so it would not be worth as much as an aluminum body (Shelby, Superfromance, or Kirkham)

E

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
They can claim whatever they want but I guarantee you that doesn't have a Shelby a American VIN number.
Not even a continuation series VIN.

I am pretty sure that the body was aluminum on Pawn Stars, and I thought on the Shelby forum it was decided it was a continuation car.

Shelby gets tight with all the productions in Vegas, and IMO the guy finding the car and selling it to G&S Pawn was a stunt.

E

Users who are viewing this thread