Bigger blower? and which is best?

d1sc46

Established Member
Currently have 2.3 TVS, 22pds of boost, 4pd lower, Fore fuel system to grow if needed. I'm looking at bigger blower options, very happy with TVS... Yet I'm pondering idea of swapping blowers. Was thinking 2.9 or bigger without fitment complications. Stock block, already running E85 so I know in order to make more power I need more boost. Thanks for your input:)

Last edited:

d1sc46

Established Member
Thanks for info, Not sure how much I'd actually gain vs price lol. I know with bigger blower I shouldn't need 22+pds correct?

MG0h3

Established Member
Well you can cram as much air into a car as you want. Think of the engine as a restriction.

The bigger the blower, the slower you can spin it to force the same amount of air into your engine.

You need to decide how far you want to take the car and go from there. Pretty sure a TVS can get real close to popping a stock engine. Guys are hitting mid 700s with them.

GodStang

Established Member
AT 22 psi the 2.8L, 2.9L and 3.2L will get you their easier making less heat in turn creating more power. How much power will depend on a few things.

d1sc46

Established Member
True, currently 719rwhp/672rwtq. I probably should worry more about trying to hook up from a dig lol. Any picks of that 2.8? Why are you getting rid of it? Appreciate it

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Shoot a small shot of spray at it, the cooling will drop iat's and it's cheap

Users who are viewing this thread