Big thanks to Jake!!

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
I never got to get back to ya before the tow truck came but thank you so much for the tow!! Ment alot and saved me big time.

Awesome 1/4 times today too!!

For those who don't know. My did something to my transmission today,
o I went racing today.. Well tried too at least.

My transmission, slave cylinder, master cylinder are all stock. (I don't have cable for the ones who don't know)

DFX clutch, Spydershaft 1 piece DS and built rearend only.

I did my burn out(running MT ET Street slicks) and it was just dandy. Got to the line, reved to 5k like I always do. Launched great! Went for second, just fine. Went for 3rd and nothing. Would not go in at all. I pushed with all my strength and nothing. Tried 4th, nothing. Tried all the gears and it wouldn't go at all. After coasting for like 5seconds, it finally went into 4th so i could get it off the track. Went back to the pits, and shut it off. I had to pull so hard to get it out of gear. Started it up fine and went to put it into 1st. Nothing. Tried 3rd and it grinded alittle. But no dice.

I put it in first with the car off, push started it and it drove fine but wouldn't shift into any other gear.

Now, I have pull pressure in my clutch pedal. No leaking any ware.

xonecrazyx

Established Member
if you can shift into all gears when off something in clutch let got . if cant shift may have bent shift forks

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
Next time the beer is on me Jake.

05+ have hydraulic clutches.

I did some reading and found out the DFX as well as the fidanze clutches because they are steel heat up and weld to the flywheel.

Other option is that the T/O bearing isn't releasing the clutch plate.

Last edited:

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Next time the beer is on me Jake.

05+ have hydraulic clutches.

I did some reading and found out the DFX as well as the fidanze clutches because they are steel heat up and weld to the flywheel.

Other option is that the T/O bearing isn't realizing the clutch plate.

This happened to me 3yrs back. My SPEC Stage3 clutch welded to the flywheel - same symptoms as you. Had to flatbed the car back from Epping.

MJ

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
This happened to me 3yrs back. My SPEC Stage3 clutch welded to the flywheel - same symptoms as you. Had to flatbed the car back from Epping.

MJ

this would happen on a cold car though? i would think some heat would have to be present?? remember too...he has a hydraulic setup

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
this would happen on a cold car though? i would think some heat would have to be present?? remember too...he has a hydraulic setup

That's exactly how it happened to me. It was in October on a Saturday. Did burnout, launched, grabbed 2nd fine, went to grab 3rd and GRIND, same for 4th. Had to be towed. Would go into gear with car not running.

MJ

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
That's exactly how it happened to me. It was in October on a Saturday. Did burnout, launched, grabbed 2nd fine, went to grab 3rd and GRIND, same for 4th. Had to be towed. Would go into gear with car not running.

MJ

wow..thats so weird...I beat the snot out of my car with the 6 speed and neverhad is issue cept for 3 blown clutches..lol

you coming up friday night???

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
just for now I put a stock clutch in it so i can drive it home and park it till the spring. Gonna put another DFX in it and when I deploy.......... TCI auto swap!!!!

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
just for now I put a stock clutch in it so i can drive it home and park it till the spring. Gonna put another DFX in it and when I deploy.......... TCI auto swap!!!!

i do prefer gear jammin but as jake said i dont think an auto in your car would be the worst thing.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
that sucks! i hated the hydraulic clutch in my t-bird. i never understood why ford went with a hydraulic clutch on the new stangs

xonecrazyx

Established Member
they went hydraulic because most people hated the pedal effort with a mnaul clutch . hydrailic has way less pedal effort . and is self adjusting

chuckstang

Established Member
that sucks! i hated the hydraulic clutch in my t-bird. i never understood why ford went with a hydraulic clutch on the new stangs

Hydraulic is 10times better trust me

Dam, I could not stand the old adjustable cable operated clutches on my old stangs, they were never right

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread