Big thanks to AED!!!

Epikmach

Established Member
As some of you know, I had an unfortunate issue with my Mach 1 a few months back. The car was feeling low on power, had a bad vibration at any speed, & just wasn't running good. After exhausting all the possibilities, it ended up having low compression on 3 cylinders. Anyhow, I dropped the car off at AED in Cameron Park a while back to have the car diagnosed, & it turned out to be burnt exhaust valves on the driver side. So Drew took the job on, & being that I was using my aftermarket warranty to get the work done, we had an uphill battle trying to get those crooks to cover everything. Well, after A LOT of haggling with the warranty company about repair hours, & A BUNCH of BS, we finally got it all taken care of.

I just picked the car up yesterday, & I am very pleased with the work performed by Drew. The car runs better than it did when I purchased it, & no longer does it have the embarrasing valve tick noise that it always had... The car runs smoother than ever, no more hesitation or vibration, & Drew even installed a few extra mods & detailed the car as well. Now I just need to get rid of this junk Forcefed tune & have Shaun re-tune it...

I want to thank Drew for meeting all my expectations, & for putting up with me calling everyday LOL. I will definitely be back for more work soon, & if anyone needs quality work done, I highly recommend you give them a call...

Thanks again Drew & AED!!!

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
That's good to hear.. That's my next mod - aftermarket warranty!
Next time something goes boom i'll be like :shrug: and then :banana: then :dancenana: and finally :rockon:

Epikmach

Established Member
That's good to hear.. That's my next mod - aftermarket warranty!
Next time something goes boom i'll be like :shrug: and then :banana: then :dancenana: and finally :rockon:

Well, my car really wasn't all that modded, & it had a factory defect with crappy valve guides & valve seats. If you have a bunch of mods on your Cobra & it detonates & blows up, the warranty won't cover it...

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Well, my car really wasn't all that modded, & it had a factory defect with crappy valve guides & valve seats. If you have a bunch of mods on your Cobra & it detonates & blows up, the warranty won't cover it...
I'm sure i could find an aftermarket company to warranty it. Just might have to pay more and have it inspected by a ford dealer.. My experience is stock replacement parts are more costly than aftermarket parts..

Epikmach

Established Member
I'm sure i could find an aftermarket company to warranty it. Just might have to pay more and have it inspected by a ford dealer.. My experience is stock replacement parts are more costly than aftermarket parts..

My bad, when I said aftermarket warranty, I didn't mean that they use aftermarket parts. What I meant was, I bought the car used from a dealer & bought a 5 year/100k warranty, but it was NOT a factory warranty, but from a 3rd party company.

SpittinVenom03

Established Member
Hey epikmach glad to hear that your car is back in its beastly ways. I am getting ready to take my cobra down to aed as soon as i get all of my parts shipped in. I am glad to hear that they do great work. I just bought my cobra two weeks ago and when i went to pick it up he surprised me with some extra goodies. All of these parts have less than 8k miles. He gave me a non ported supercharger. stock throttle body/plenum. Stock fuel rails, lower intake manifold and a few other parts. I havent put them up for sale yet but i am giving you first dibbs on these parts because i wanted the supercharger to go to someone that has a mach1. If your interested shoot me a pm. I will give you a killer deal on any of these parts.

68gtscode

Established Member
^ AED does EXCELLENT work, hands down the best place to take your Cobra to in Northern CA. At this point I wouldn't let anyone else touch any of my cars.

EPIK, congrats again. Did you go with those custom cams you were talking about?

Impact 5.0

Established Member
Congrats Epik.. its only time your back up there getting the engine built and be one of the few who get to run the large AED banner on the back window.. :D

Epikmach

Established Member
^ AED does EXCELLENT work, hands down the best place to take your Cobra to in Northern CA. At this point I wouldn't let anyone else touch any of my cars.

EPIK, congrats again. Did you go with those custom cams you were talking about?

Thanks bro... I wish I wouldve went with some custom cams, but I didn't have the cash so I just had to stick with the stock stuff. I was more concerened with having my car running good again...

i've seen your car at the knotts show its a really nice notch. glad to know all worked out ok.

Thanks a lot...

Congrats Epik.. its only time your back up there getting the engine built and be one of the few who get to run the large AED banner on the back window.. :D

Thanks dude...

I hope to have the engine built 1 day, & AED will most likely be who I look to when the time comes. I doubt I would want to run the big banner on my rear window though, not because I wouldn't want to support AED, I will support them all day long, but because I just really don't like any stickers or decals on my cars... Just prefer the clean sleek look, & the less logos the better IMO.

BTW, did you ever swap out the IRS in the Cobra yet?

Last edited:

AUSTINSCOBRA

Established Member
That's good to hear!!! I'm getting ready to take my car down to AED myself. As a matter of fact, I was just there last Saturday to talk to Drew about modding my car. I also just hung up with him over the phone a few minutes ago :thumbsup: Can't wait!!!!! :banana::burnout:

getleftcobra

CAN U READ DA PLATE!!!
Established Member
As some of you know, I had an unfortunate issue with my Mach 1 a few months back. The car was feeling low on power, had a bad vibration at any speed, & just wasn't running good. After exhausting all the possibilities, it ended up having low compression on 3 cylinders. Anyhow, I dropped the car off at AED in Cameron Park a while back to have the car diagnosed, & it turned out to be burnt exhaust valves on the driver side. So Drew took the job on, & being that I was using my aftermarket warranty to get the work done, we had an uphill battle trying to get those crooks to cover everything. Well, after A LOT of haggling with the warranty company about repair hours, & A BUNCH of BS, we finally got it all taken care of.

I just picked the car up yesterday, & I am very pleased with the work performed by Drew. The car runs better than it did when I purchased it, & no longer does it have the embarrasing valve tick noise that it always had... The car runs smoother than ever, no more hesitation or vibration, & Drew even installed a few extra mods & detailed the car as well. Now I just need to get rid of this junk Forcefed tune & have Shaun re-tune it...

I want to thank Drew for meeting all my expectations, & for putting up with me calling everyday LOL. I will definitely be back for more work soon, & if anyone needs quality work done, I highly recommend you give them a call...

Thanks again Drew & AED!!!

congrats man on getting the car back and running better then it did b4. i remember seeing your car on the dyno day that was going on up there. my car is up there too right now. they are fixing something on my car too. AED is the best shop in Nor Cal! they take care of your car as if it was there car!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
dude you're the mach that I saw when you picked up your car.. I pulled it with my black cobra and gave you thumbs up!! Your mach is effing sick bro! Sorry to hear about the head issues.. If it makes you feel better my valve seats will probably have to be redone as well.. :(.. I'm glad that AED took care of you, I was droppin off my car for my fuel system, retune, pulley alignment, and possibly an EGR delete and some bypass work. I'm glad your happy and Drew and Shawn are the best in teh business

Epikmach

Established Member
That's good to hear!!! I'm getting ready to take my car down to AED myself. As a matter of fact, I was just there last Saturday to talk to Drew about modding my car. I also just hung up with him over the phone a few minutes ago :thumbsup: Can't wait!!!!! :banana::burnout:

Thanks bro... What are you getting done @ AED?

congrats man on getting the car back and running better then it did b4. i remember seeing your car on the dyno day that was going on up there. my car is up there too right now. they are fixing something on my car too. AED is the best shop in Nor Cal! they take care of your car as if it was there car!

Thanks man... Yeah I remember talking to you @ the Dyno day a while back. I think your heads had the same issue mine had... I agree, they take EXTREME care with their customers cars & even wax them before they return them to the customer. Good luck with your car & I hope it all works out...

dude you're the mach that I saw when you picked up your car.. I pulled it with my black cobra and gave you thumbs up!! Your mach is effing sick bro! Sorry to hear about the head issues.. If it makes you feel better my valve seats will probably have to be redone as well.. :(.. I'm glad that AED took care of you, I was droppin off my car for my fuel system, retune, pulley alignment, and possibly an EGR delete and some bypass work. I'm glad your happy and Drew and Shawn are the best in teh business

Yup, I remember seeing you driving up as I rolled out. Thanks for the compliment, your car is Bad@$$ as well... Are you still running B heads?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
No I'm running 04 Cobra heads that have been worked over a little bit. I think that a seal or something is bad though.. We'll see. If they are and I need to replace all of them I'm thinking I'm going to just do custom cams since I already have the valvetrain and such. maybe port them more or something if it's even worth it, but if the porting isn't worth it the definatley oversized valves or something lol.. And 10k later I'll get my car back lol. and my wife wants your car, she was following me and when we pulled in she said that I need to go and follow you so then I can buy it lol.. silly woman.. :beer:

Epikmach

Established Member
No I'm running 04 Cobra heads that have been worked over a little bit. I think that a seal or something is bad though.. We'll see. If they are and I need to replace all of them I'm thinking I'm going to just do custom cams since I already have the valvetrain and such. maybe port them more or something if it's even worth it, but if the porting isn't worth it the definatley oversized valves or something lol.. And 10k later I'll get my car back lol. and my wife wants your car, she was following me and when we pulled in she said that I need to go and follow you so then I can buy it lol.. silly woman.. :beer:

Nice... Sounds like you got a nice combo under the hood.

Tell your wife thanks, & that everything's for sale for the right price;-) LOL...

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
yea it runs alright, it'll be alot better when I get it back from AED with the new fuel system and tune.. then I just need to crank the boost. yea everything is forsale for the right price, but the bank account won't agree, that and I can't have my wifey driving around in a car with full MM suspension lol..

Epikmach

Established Member
How much boost you gonna push?

I hear ya, full MM SRA suspension doesn't really make for a very plush ride LOL..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
well i'm not changing any pulley just spinning it higher.. right now at around 6800rpm i'm at 15psi on 91 and 100oct. so for my 100 tune i'm hoping to spin around 7500rpm at like 17-18psi.. we'll see if she makes hp up there tho.. it might drop off and in that case i'll just stick with it until i go A/A in a month or so then i'll put a 10% o/d pulley on it. that should be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread