Big Thank You To Wiseguy!!!!!

Dolemite

Established Member
Well, I did it. I broke my tranny last week after the Redskins win and I knew there was no way ford would take care of it. I had the car towed to Burnt Mills, and when I woke up in the morning, I went up there to talk to Billy (wiseguy) to see what the hell happened and he already had the tranny out in a hundred pieces with green tape labeling each part.

So he ended up fixing the car in no time, I know the output shaft broke in half as well as some other parts. He hooked me up BIG TIME and charged me next to nothing for the work he did.

Thanks Bill, you're a great man and the MACA is lucky to have you as a member!!!!

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Dolemite said:
Well, I did it. I broke my tranny last week after the Redskins win and I knew there was no way ford would take care of it. I had the car towed to Burnt Mills, and when I woke up in the morning, I went up there to talk to Billy (wiseguy) to see what the hell happened and he already had the tranny out in a hundred pieces with green tape labeling each part.

So he ended up fixing the car in no time, I know the output shaft broke in half as well as some other parts. He hooked me up BIG TIME and charged me next to nothing for the work he did.

Thanks Bill, you're a great man and the MACA is lucky to have you as a member!!!!

Wow - how did you break the tranny? It was a great come from behind win - :beer:

Dolemite

Established Member
Yes it sure was a great one!!! I did a launch between 25 and 3 grand got some wheel hop (for a second) and the car wouldn't go anywhere.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Glad Billy could get you back and rolling again Sierwan. I stopped by BMA on Sunday and saw your car sitting in the first bay. Billy's the man!!!

Give me a call...looking for the best place to buy Nitto 315's. Thanks

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
thats great news that billy hooked you up.. Thats the reason I will let him help me on solving my hop issues I already talked to him just waiting on some free time. Billy is definately a great guy I would not mind taking my car to him at all if I am pressing for time . he is very much a great asset..

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Dolemite said:
Yes it sure was a great one!!! I did a launch between 25 and 3 grand got some wheel hop (for a second) and the car wouldn't go anywhere.

:bowdown: Hardly anyone breaks the output shaft on these T-56 trannys, you are a mad man, lol.

Sounds like another happy customers of BMA, :beer: :thumbsup: Billy!

Dolemite

Established Member
Hissssnsvt said:
:bowdown: Hardly anyone breaks the output shaft on these T-56 trannys, you are a mad man, lol.

Sounds like another happy customers of BMA, :beer: :thumbsup: Billy!

By the way, I have blown 13 transmissions in my career. So much for the bulletproof T-56. ;-)

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Dolemite said:
By the way, I have blown 13 transmissions in my career. So much for the bulletproof T-56. ;-)

Your suppost to push the clutch in BEFORE you shift.. :poke: :burnout:

TRBO VNM

Hissssnsvt said:

:lol:

good deal Billy. that is awesome and great customer service. I don't understand how you did it seirwan. These trannies have been beat on time and time again with no issues. It must have been the hop.

Dolemite

Established Member
Hissssnsvt said:

Oh thanks Ken, that's what I've been doing wrong, I couldn't figure out what that thing to the left of the brake was. :lol:

Jason, it was definitely the hop, I never had a problem with it before, and all I heard was once you feel the hop get off the gas. I guess it was too late, it all happened too quick.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I agree with Matt! Luis, you'll never fix your hop issues until you decide to go with some REAL tires. :poke:

:-D

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
:lol:

good deal Billy. that is awesome and great customer service. I don't understand how you did it seirwan. These trannies have been beat on time and time again with no issues. It must have been the hop.

If I remember correctly, Bruce had bent his all up when he Zorro'ed his differential.

Billy has always come through for me and many others. Kudos, Wiseguy!!!

Dolemite

Established Member
I had Nitto DR's on there and still got the hop (once) I drive the car everyday and I've had 3 sets of Nitto DR's on the car since January if I went with BFG's I'd probably need new tires every week. I go through rear tires very quickly.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Dude, you bring new meaning to the term "Drive it like you stole it" :rockon: :thumbsup: :burnout:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Yeah I gotta say Billy is the man..knows his $hit and is always more than willing and able. Which reminds me...Billy I need to see you about finishing the SFC on the Cobra and a few other things for that matter..which we discussed when at Omar's. I have most of the parts now.

And I don't think I'll need you to look at my Rodeo now either...but, I'll know for sure by the end of the week. I may have resolved that issue!

Billy and BMA :rockon: :rockon:

G03SVT

Banned
Jason (undrprsr) has my transmission taken apart at Bob Bell right now, he has found one broken piece after another. He said he would post pictures later but we believe it all orginated from the sleeve or collar that broke on the input shaft, the same one that Ford now has a TSB for.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Geez Gerry, sorry to hear that bro! You're in good hands for sure though. Just get that thing back on the road ASAP so I can hand you your a$$ on a silver platter. :poke: :lol:

;-)

G03SVT

Banned
Looks like Jason is going to bring my car back to stock (so you might have a chance Marlon) because Ford has no part numbers set up for internal T56 parts, so I might be getting a new one. I feel bad for Jason because now this is getting way more involved then what was ever expected. We are definately lucky to have such good people in this group.

Users who are viewing this thread