Big red race bov

icurry4990

Established Member
so whatever you are pullied for is what you push or what....i bought a d1 intercooled cog drive system for my fox....its pullied for 12 pounds and i dont want that much boost on the first tune

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Ohhh boy

The procharger red race valve is indeed adjustable BUT NOT for what you want to do with it. Op, purchase a larger blower pulley to bring the boost down

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ What he said..

It's a bypass valve not a wastegate.. You can't control how much boost you are making with a bypass valve.. You need to get a bigger pulley on the blower to drop boost..

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
What blower do you have and is it dedicated drive? Not all set ups can utilize a cog drive.

On second thought why in hell would you put cog pulleys on a blower making less than 10 psi?

Last edited:

icurry4990

Established Member
i bought the setup as is.....i plan on ALOT more boost in the future....but thats after the stock block goes kaput or i get bored with the power...i know cog's are known for wearing bearings and such but im wanting to keep it on unless i can get a 10 or 12 rib pulley setup cheaper than another cog pulley to lower my boost....LET ME ASK THIS QUESTION THEN......would you guys be comfortable running 12 lbs on a stock block 306 off the get go?

Users who are viewing this thread