BIG power returnless fuel system...maybe

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
Nothing bothered me more than having to hang big loud pumps and a sumped tank hanging off the back of my car. Hopefully it works!
3 GT pumps run by 3 fpdms feeding -10 line to -10 Sullivan rails to 75lbs injectors. Testing will be done shortly, hopefully.
DSC01002.jpg

TRBO VNM

wow, bringing that fuel into the passenger compartment?

good luck. in theory it should work great. keep us posted.

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
wow, bringing that fuel into the passenger compartment?
No, There is a sheetmetal cover that seals off the entire well, and the feed line comes out in the front of the well. Sam@Coastal is the mad scientist behind this, I will keep this updated!

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

78mphgpr said:
No, There is a sheetmetal cover that seals off the entire well, and the feed line comes out in the front of the well. Sam@Coastal is the mad scientist behind this, I will keep this updated!

oh ok. that is good. yeah, keep us posted. basically the same thing as going dual fpdm, just now 3.

J

Janstang

I like the accessibility to everything from the spare tire well. Let us know how it goes..

BrewSnake

the Serpent King
Established Member
WOW! If all goes well with testing, it looks like I found the answer to my fuel system problems, thanks for sharing!

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
BrewSnake said:
WOW! If all goes well with testing, it looks like I found the answer to my fuel system problems, thanks for sharing!
We are hoping to have some info by Saturday at the earliest, I will keep everyone informed.

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
what is your new set up? Last time i saw your car in action you had a whipple and some nitrous.

Jpjr

Established Member
why risk the motor to run a super busy returnless system? isn't the goal to risk the fuel system (pumps) to protect the motor?

if i was after this kind of power I would go return + external. the pump may be loud but at 1000hp so is your car, and i would take the noise to be able to change my pump(s) in 15 mins at the track if i had do.

returnless systems were designed with emissions and fuel efficiency in mind for passenger cars. they present tuning and wiring nightmares as well. both of these attributes contrast directly with your goals at 1000hp+ in my personal opinion.

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
Jpjr said:
why risk the motor to run a super busy returnless system? isn't the goal to risk the fuel system (pumps) to protect the motor?

if i was after this kind of power I would go return + external. the pump may be loud but at 1000hp so is your car, and i would take the noise to be able to change my pump(s) in 15 mins at the track if i had do.

returnless systems were designed with emissions and fuel efficiency in mind for passenger cars. they present tuning and wiring nightmares as well. both of these attributes contrast directly with your goals at 1000hp+ in my personal opinion.
Just because its new does not mean that it does not work. By your philosiphy we should all rip out or entire FI setup and go back to carbs.
I am not risking anything with this system, it is not a band aid, it is a real world working system.
I can appreciate you wanting to go return but that is not what I want, I like to do things that no one else has done, and that people say is not possible. My entire car is based on that. The first time it went together everyone told me I was crazy to think a 4100# car with a 6 speed, irs and 18" Nittos would go 10's. Well when the car came apart for the next upgrade it was going 10teens @142. Now I want to go 9's on the same idea and there is not a non beliver in sight.
It may be the more difficult way but I hope we are paving the way for people.

Jpjr

Established Member
78mphgpr said:
Just because its new does not mean that it does not work. By your philosiphy we should all rip out or entire FI setup and go back to carbs.
I am not risking anything with this system, it is not a band aid, it is a real world working system.
I can appreciate you wanting to go return but that is not what I want, I like to do things that no one else has done, and that people say is not possible. My entire car is based on that. The first time it went together everyone told me I was crazy to think a 4100# car with a 6 speed, irs and 18" Nittos would go 10's. Well when the car came apart for the next upgrade it was going 10teens @142. Now I want to go 9's on the same idea and there is not a non beliver in sight.

Please note that what I said was my opinion. I wish you all the best and have little doubt that you will accomplish your personal goals with this very innovative setup. :beer:

BrewSnake

the Serpent King
Established Member
78mphgpr said:

well said, that pretty much sums up why I want to keep the returnless in my car as I believe that BIG power can be made with this system!:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread