Big Bend Open Road Race - Texas

Andy M

Established Member
Ok guys/gals,

Any interest in joining us in west Texas in April (April 22-24) at the Big Bend Open Road Race. I've never done this and have been thinking about it for a while now. It is a race against your group (fastest time in your group wins) but you cannot go faster than your allowed top speed. Since this will be my first time, I will be limited to the GT Touring group which has a top speed limit of 140 mph and an average speed of no more than 130. So, you cannot go over your overall speed limit AND you have to be just near an average of 130 (in GT Touring) without going over.

Here is the link....

BBORR - Big Bend Open Road Race

Ruslow

Established Member
I will be there.Been running this event for 11 years.There is a ford team[allows 25 bucks off]Go to the team ford web site
Team Ford - Never let off !!!

Anyone who is thinking of doing this can contact me and I can give some pointers as well as what will be going on there.If at all poss stay in Sanderson the first nite or two they will have a welcome party that is pretty good and you don't have to worry about hitting deer on the way to or from Sanderson if you are staying in fort stockton.Stan

PS the GS group is a challenge to run for time with the turns and such you WILL have your hands full!

Andy M

Established Member
Sounds great! Glad to hear we have a veteran to lean on for details and experience. I will visit the site and thanks for the heads up on the Ford thing.

I spoke to Jorge from San Antonio this morning (2000 R owner) and he is going to also try to make the event. Right now, we have myself and another Terminator owner (Carl - my brotherinlaw) from Houston for sure attending.

Can't wait! Looks like fun! Something different for all of us road course track junkies!:rockon::banana::rolling:

CobraR77

IMSA R Fanatic
Established Member
I didn't realize that event was only 250 miles from me. I thought it was closer to the El Paso area of the state. I'm not sure if I will have everything ready to run (including a co-driver...) in time for the April event but I might need to check it out so I'll know what to expect if I'm able to run in the Fall or next year.

I also want to check out the Texas Mile event in Goliad.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Well, I've been stuck working in Kuwait for the last 2 months. 155 is waiting in the garage for my return in Feb. I just got the 2010 track schedule Emailed to me from my local race group, and plan on having 155 out soon after I get home.

This Big Bend event sounds great. I'm sure you will have a blast in the Cobra. Looking forward to seeing pics, or vids, you get out there!

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread