BF Idlers Install

painintheass

Established Member
Sorry to bring this here or to beat a dead horse. I looked almost everywhere for a how to.

I Just bought a used pair of BF Idlers. Curious if there's a write up. I know it looks pretty simple and self explanatory. Just looking for the torque specs and any other things I might miss or should watch out for. And how much time will be involved. My mechanic skill is okay. Got a sh*#ty selection of tools, probably the basic craftman 150 piece set.

Anyways, thank you all for your time.

MVD

Established Member
1/2" breaker bar to remove the belt. 13mm box end wrench for the idlers. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to swap them.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
where-they-go.gif

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
It's cake...you shouldn't have a problem...take the factory off...replace with new one...

twhitey

Established Member
Its easy it takes no mechanical skill. I did mine. You will need a longer belt .

painintheass

Established Member
Thanks all for the help everyone, I assume no tune is required either right?

Again thank you everyone :)

painintheass

Established Member
For new idlers???

I know I know I'm a :loser: But hey, I wouldn't be a painintheass without asking. :-D:-D:thumbsup:

But, in all seriousness, I really wasn't sure. So I had to ask. My car is a virgin when it comes to engine parts. My engine only has a JLT CAI and an Accufab T/B and Plenum, in my opinion thats really nothing.

Thanks again everybody, I appreciate it:thumbsup:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
If you are just puttin' idlers on you do not need a tune...if you are changin' the supercharger pulley to a smaller one you will need a tune...

Users who are viewing this thread