beware of G Force Transmissions

Mjp

Timely Turbo
Established Member
Originally posted by Wildpony
We could start a petition to see if it would be cost effective for those guys to get into what we want.. They seem to be still stuck in the 60'-80's (and mainly Chevy) type cars..I can't believe that they couldn't design something and sell it for under $3,000 for the T5/T45 "Street/Strip" crowd..

I'd be game...

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I'd be intrested in a transmission that didn't require new bellhousing, clutch, driveshaft and crossmember. Yet still didn't cost $4,000 after all the necessary items are added.

Mjp

Timely Turbo
Established Member
Originally posted by GR8WHITE
I'd be intrested in a transmission that didn't require new bellhousing, clutch, driveshaft and crossmember. Yet still didn't cost $4,000 after all the necessary items are added.
:bowdown: :beer:

Wildpony

Established Member
Originally posted by GR8WHITE

EXACTLY:-D

RyClef331

Established Member
Couldn't agree more with the above statement. Saying that "this tranny is supposed to handle 2,000hp" is total bullshit and i garauntee G-Force never said that. Go to the website and check. I've seen this same thread posted on WAY too many boards. Its one guy...granted the customer service they MAY have exhibited was crap but its still only one side of the story. Yes, I've read the "G-Force Responds Thread" too. I'll still take my chances 2 or 3 out of a couple hundred sold break...not bad odds if you ask me...

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Let's not be too rough on the persons that bought the G-Force trans that didn't last. We weren't there for the coversation. Maybe some "new guy" misquoted the specs or one of a number of other things that could have been wrong. We're all here to help eachother out if we can. :beer:

Following the previous statement I made. I'd love a new T-56 with the killers internals and close ratio gears. I just can't see shelling out $3,000 for the trans then still need bellhousing, clutch and driveshaft for that specific tranny. You end up spending way too close to $4000 to get a manual that can take what you throw at it. I'll just keep the fingers crossed that the 3650 will hold my new found power. ;-) Atleast for another year anyway. :beer:

Wildpony

Established Member
I'm looking at another option that would take a current (mine or seperate T45), tearing it down and have all the components that break on these remachined with higher grade material.. I have machinists at work that love doing "Gov. work" and some of the stuff we use consists of high grade stainless (not sure of the #/grade) , but it ain't cheap stuff. They also have brass,and most everything else in the steel line that is out there-hardened or otherwise.. They have industrial style lathes, multi axis CNC, and all of that stuff..
I need to do some research on what the T45 uses on their components and then see if the stuff I can get my hands on (gov. work) is "stronger,harder, better".. I prefer to use the stock sizes so I just can put the better pieces back in. I would like to think that with the right materials I could have a T45 capable of at least a 50% increase in strength.

I know Bob Cosby is /was running low 11's with a hardened input/output shaft on his '99 T45 Cobra without problems.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread