Beware of Bob's Discount Furniture

Zodiac

Established Member
Damn that's terrible. I bought a bob-o-pedic mattress from them 6+ years ago before I moved to NC. It's their version of a tempurpedic and it was a hell of a lot less. Yes I know it's a stupid name. It is the best mattress I've ever owned and I still enjoy a great nights sleep on it. Like anything your experience can and will be different from others.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
This is why I pay a little more and deal with the local family owned furniture store. Their service is 2nd to none.

Last time my TV acted up he sent his guys, picked the TV up, installed a loaner and then swapped it all back when mine was fixed.

coposrv

Established Member
They do have a real milfy spokeswoman though. So there's that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04MysticCobra

Established Member
This is me when Bob's furniture commercials come on TV all the time but I am usually cursing at the TV like for many of the repeat commercials....I lose it......lol.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Now they cancel the Tuesday pickup of this POS half a sofa due to weather that may or may not happen. $50 storage fee per day is what you shall pay me then aholes. I also tossed in what if my kids get hurt on the exposed metal on this thing? (I don't have kids lol)

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Had this happen to me with HHGreggs delivery people one time.

Bought a 60" Sharp Quattron LED tv and they showed up with a 60" Mitsubishi DLP.

I politely informers them the TV was the wrong one and then watched them look around the back of the empty truck for 10 minutes like it fell in a crack or something.

Then the "smart" one realizes they gave my TV to their last delivery recipient. Turns out not only did they deliver it but inboxed and put it in her living room for her.

How in the hell do you not know the difference between a DLP and a LED tv?!?!

Called corporate and to their credit they made the guys go to the nearest HhGregg warehouse and bring me one back that same night.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

YJSONLY

Established Member
Had this happen to me with HHGreggs delivery people one time.

Bought a 60" Sharp Quattron LED tv and they showed up with a 60" Mitsubishi DLP.

I politely informers them the TV was the wrong one and then watched them look around the back of the empty truck for 10 minutes like it fell in a crack or something.

Then the "smart" one realizes they gave my TV to their last delivery recipient. Turns out not only did they deliver it but inboxed and put it in her living room for her.

How in the hell do you not know the difference between a DLP and a LED tv?!?!

Called corporate and to their credit they made the guys go to the nearest HhGregg warehouse and bring me one back that same night.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Some approximate prices at the time to show the people the real zinger in this of the upgrade the other lady received and signed for but they didn't get it back!!!

Zemedici

Established Member
On the flip side lowes called me this morning, and says that my washer / dryer combo is the last one in the store, and the washer is damaged on the side......so when it arrives (they didn't want me to go without a washer as it doesn't hurt function, solely cosmetic) I can decide if I want a partial refund, or want them to bring me a new one next week when he gets more.

Guys bring washer / dryer in, and they have these things strapped to them, and to each other like backpacks on their stomachs. Literally one carrying the washer and other carrying the dryer.

I check out washer, and it's minor. No harm no foul.

Props to Lowes.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Be careful when buying anything claimed to be leather from a discount furniture place. These places almost always use garbage called bonded leather to upholster their couches and chairs. What is bonded leather? It is the upholstery equivalent of particle board to real wood. Within 12 to 18 months the stuff will start to come off in sheets and you are left with unsightly garbage in your house.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Furniture is one of the few items that I do not mind to overpay for. You really do get what you pay for. We dropped 50K on our last living room, dining room, and Den when we bought the house we live in now. We ended up having to wait about 3 months for it to all be build and delivered, but it will last forever. Real pass down to your kids type of stuff.

Never_Enough

Established Member
They picked up their POS half a sofa this morning. Now I need to monitor my CC to make sure they credit me.

Raymour delivered their couch this morning as promised.

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
I had bad luck with Ashley furniture. Delivery and setup was fine. Their furniture just isn't made very well. Particle board and cardboard arms. Stapled together. Had it fixed at least 6 times. Fabric kept separating. It lasted maybe 5 years. You get what you pay for with furniture. My next couch will be flexsteel. I also have a lazy boy recliner that is built twice as good as the Ashley one it replaced.

Speedwagon

Established Member
That really sucks but maybe it was a prank and you'll see on some funny TV show ...

madscotsman

Established Member
Be careful with delivery and installs of appliances from big box stores. We bought a really nice Kitchenaid electric stove (Convection, Double Oven, flat top) from Home Depot which they brought out and installed around 2 years ago. About 2 weeks ago, my wife went to use it and it was dead. If you turned one of the burner knobs, the display would come on and go through a startup process (all lights lighting up), but nothing would heat up or warm up. If you turned the knob back off it would immediately shut all power off.
Paid a repair company $95 to come out and find out one of the power wires was fried at the power block on the back of the stove. Guy quoted me $400 to repair it out of warranty. I cut the power after he left and decided to look at it myself since he couldn't really explain why it would just suddenly go out with no surges or lighting strikes. Found that all three sets of wires from the actual power cord that Home Depot install guys installed prior to delivery were loose, like each one had at least 1/8" of travel on the screw they were mounted on. I figured out that they must have used a regular socket instead of a deep well socket and just stopped turning the nut(s) when they bottomed out in the socket instead of being snug against the stove's wires. The play in all the wires allowed the power wire to randomly arc to the neutral for the past 2 years, eventually frying it. We were wondering why we kept getting uneven cooking and sometimes undercooked food for the past few years.
IMG_2581.JPG
I replaced the power cord and the Power block on the back of the stove for $40 myself and it has been working great ever since. The power wire that burnt had welded itself to the screw and it broke the plastic block when I tried to remove it. They never even installed the metal retainer bracket on the cord that prevents you from being able to rip out the power cord (came in the bag with the new cord). I thought about calling Home Depot as this could have actually caused a fire, but it was 2 years ago so I gave up on that idea.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread