better heat extraction hood

specizripn

Established Member
I just took the insulation out completely on my car (03 cobra) and a bunch of the cobra guys have done it without issues. That may work better if you ever plan to sell the car and don't want holes in your insulation...

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
Here are pictures of what I'm trying to explain.

IMG_3558.jpg

IMG_3557.jpg

IMG_3556.jpg

dirtyd88, what is that used to block off the front 2 vents?

Road Rage

Snake Bite
Established Member
Electrical tape. :lol1:

I haven't gotten around to making a custom rain shield for my JLT intake yet.

my jlt intake came with a foam piece to keep the water out, maybe you could talk to them and just get the foam piece they come with now so you dont have to make anything

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
my jlt intake came with a foam piece to keep the water out, maybe you could talk to them and just get the foam piece they come with now so you dont have to make anything

Look at my pics above. That foam piece won't work because there is nothing to hold it. Lol

nonliberal

Established Member
If I knew how to photoshop I would love to put the 13" GT extractors on the same hood with the Shelby extractor! Anyone with a little free time know how to do it?

86Fbody

Established Member
I have seen several guys say there is no difference in cooling of the Tiger hood versus stock. A better flowing grill may actually help more.

nonliberal

Established Member
I have seen several guys say there is no difference in cooling of the Tiger hood versus stock. A better flowing grill may actually help more.

I did that, I put the CDS grill in that looks like the 13' GT500. In these temps I won't know if it helped though.

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
Electrical tape. :lol1:

I haven't gotten around to making a custom rain shield for my JLT intake yet.

:lol1:

I was thinking of doing that, but thought the water would make the electrical tape come off....

I even thought about black duct tape.....

When you come up with something, let me know and I will copy you :beer:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
:lol1:

I was thinking of doing that, but thought the water would make the electrical tape come off....

I even thought about black duct tape.....

When you come up with something, let me know and I will copy you :beer:

The electrical tape has held for 3-4 months now, no problem. I have a small silicone bead on the very front vent.

It will probably take me a couple of iterations to get it final, but hopefully I won't have to buy another sheet of aluminum.

Users who are viewing this thread