Better handling than stock

Gearhead-FMC

Established Member
A few corvettes in the area.....2005, 2007 Z models that seem to handle a little better than my stocker '03 Cobra.

I did a few searches but not sure I got what I needed.

I'd like this '03 to ride like it is bolted onto rails -- another words run circles around those bow-ties.

Is is possible? If so, what do I have to do? I don't really want to lower it as I am scraping in every parking area....

Thanks in advance :beer:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Speed costs money; how fast do you want to go? Thats pretty much thats going to limit you here.

For basics, see the sticky at the top of the forum for the "RedPill".

HR Race or Steeda Springs; Tokico Dspec or MM spec Bilstein shocks; delrin IRS bushings; BF IRS Cover brace; MM or Hotchkis Caster plates; MM Lower K Brace; MM FL SFC's; MM rear sway bar end links...and maybe the Eibach sway bar set; or at least the rear unit; MM Rear toe rod bumpsteer kit; Front bumpsteer kit.

Otherwise if you want to go all out and really run circles around the BowTie boys...dump the IRS and go to an 8.8 and call Griggs and tell them you want the GR40 system and be done. Run circles around anything.

The other biggest thing you can do is TIRES. A nice set of tires will do wonders. If you're doing weekend autoX events; then go ahead and invest in a set of sticky track tires. The Falken RT615's work fine in dry weather on the street and perform well. I'd say the same goes for the Nitto 555R2. Otherwise the Goodyear GSD3 is an excellent all around street tire for dry grip that performs outstanding in the rain too.

Last edited:

Iron Fist

Established Member
Gearhead, did you buy the car new? It should not be scraping if it is stock, in fact it should closely resemble a 4X4.

I have H&R Race with stock iso's, no issues with scraping, gives a nice stance and has that handles on rails ride your looking for.

racebronco2

Established Member
1.A few corvettes in the area.....2005, 2007 Z models that seem to handle a little better than my stocker '03 Cobra.

2. I'd like this '03 to ride like it is bolted onto rails -- another words run circles around those bow-ties.

3.Is is possible? If so, what do I have to do? I don't really want to lower it as I am scraping in every parking area....

Thanks in advance :beer:

1. They handle alot better.

2. Are you willing to put up with a harser ride along with more noise.

3. You don't need to go any lower, in fact it might be better if you raised the ride height a little. First you are going to need about 500rwhp, with cooling mods including a modded hood. Then some type of sla front suspension. Brake up grade, stickier tires, delrin bushings for the rear, I would never ditch the irs because it rides so much better then a sick axle especially if you drive it on the street (A torque arm rear suspension is only a little lighter then the irs), subframe connectors, more seat time, weight savings.

And about $10,000.00

Users who are viewing this thread