Best way to spend 1200 dollars

red cobra 03

Established Member
I don't know what to buy. Debating on a power pak from leathel performance consisting of throttle body and flash tuner. Or x pipe and mufflers. I want the car to sound different but would also like a bit more power. What route would you guys go?

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
+100000000000 for Van at Revan Racing. Well pieced together kits, all dyno proven, for great prices. I just ordered a 13-6 kit from him and messaged back and forth with him on Facebook for a hour. Was very helpful and answered all of my stupid questions.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I have had great experiences with Van from Revan racing and Justin from VMP, I love Justins tunes. Either way you can't wrong. Best mods are pulley, T/B and tune, the stock intake actually flows pretty good

1FASFKR

Established Member
I guess I'm in the minority here. I chose rear end stability first. Next will be tires then power adders. If you don't have an oil seperator...I'd definitely start there.

Last edited:

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
I guess I'm in the minority here. I chose rear end stability first. Next will be tires then power adders.

I did suspension, then aesthetics, then wheel/ tires, and now power.... Wondering if I should have done clutch *did do fluid for trans and brakes, as well as stainless clutch and brake lines though*

1FASFKR

Established Member
I did suspension, then aesthetics, then wheel/ tires, and now power.... Wondering if I should have done clutch *did do fluid for trans and brakes, as well as stainless clutch and brake lines though*

I think that is a sensible approach. Why people add power first thing to an already overpowered rearend confuses me. I mean shouldn't you want as much control of the power and torque as possible? If not, then I guess the ditch or a pole is calling...

ae02

Established Member
a Good sounding (I prefer mine loud as well) exhaust is always one of the first things I like to do

Ky GT500

Established Member
$1200 is just the start!! After you start modding,,it's a sickness with no known cure! Revan Racing has treatment packages, but no real cure. You get your fix from Van, and you're good for awhile. Then it starts creeping in on you again,,nervous twitch, glazed eyes, cold chills, unexplained internal excitement. You make the call again to Van,,you're good,,,,,,,,for awhile!!!!

Ky GT500

Established Member
Oh,,back to the answer of what to get for $1200.

In order,,,,,

Tires
Suspension
Power mods
Exhaust

Did I do mine that way,,,No,,,but I'm almost there. Last thing to finish mine will be tires this week.

Users who are viewing this thread