best way to "boost"

Andrade

Established Member
i have an 03 cobra.. its got a stock charger on it with pulley.. whats the best and most boost you can put on a stock setup? and are there any cam recommendations for it as well?

joel3431

Brain Terminated.
Established Member
You got to put a little more information up buddy. Cam's?? Why would you even be looking into cams if its just stock motor with a pulley.
What is your goal on Hp
Mods done now??
Daily driver?
Etc.

Emwun Garand

Established Member
i have an 03 cobra.. its got a stock charger on it with pulley.. whats the best and most boost you can put on a stock setup? and are there any cam recommendations for it as well?

:read:

and then

:read: some more.

This site taught me so much about these cars. This question has been asked a million times in the ten years these cars have been on the road. There are so many variables to consider when modding one of these cars. What are your goals, what is your budget, what kind of purpose is the car (ie street/strip/daily) etc.

Andrade

Established Member
sorry im an idiot .

it currently has pulley

K&N

tuned

long tubes

x pipe

and cat back

with 3.55 SRA

the car is def not an every day driver however i want to be able to hop in it with my lil one and wife and get on highway and go eat dinner or have fun cruising .

i ordered tubular front end coil overs skinnies and fatties just need a direction to go on this motor... i am going to have it tuned by a local tuner but i didnt know if there were some good starting points on build up the engine.. like what people would recommend to start spending money on besides bolt on stuff or if there is more bolt on stuff they would recommend .. sorry for the first post i was in a hurry and on my phone.

Andrade

Established Member
appreciate it.. i want to make as much as possible to the tires and still leave AC and heat and maybe 6 speed for a while ... until i have to switch to auto... the car makes 486 to the tires now... so whatever i can do to almost double that in the long run is what i want to do...,

TRBO VNM

:read:

and then

:read: some more.

This site taught me so much about these cars. This question has been asked a million times in the ten years these cars have been on the road. There are so many variables to consider when modding one of these cars. What are your goals, what is your budget, what kind of purpose is the car (ie street/strip/daily) etc.

^THIS and ^THIS AGAIN AND AGAIN. :beer:

Sounds like wasted money on bigs and littles.

Andrade

Established Member
appreciate it .. itll def be in the direction of strip but a lil cruising... and main reason for bigs and littles is i think they look way better and will help when i switch it to more track..

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
What size pulley is on the car? Upper, Lower or Both?
Is the blower ported?
Is your fuel system stock?

Andrade

Established Member
im guessing stock upper and lower non ported

2.76 upper pulley

new 6 sp tranny

spec stage 3 clutch

fidanza flywheel

thats all else i know on the car at this time.

SpectorV

Established Member
if by stock you simply mean pulley only (and of course tune/plugs) then you may not can go past 2.93 upper only (all depends on the car each is different). Some can get by with 2.76 but most cant. You also can get the 4 idlers/snub for the better belt wrap. Even with a 2.93 upper (12ish psi) you may need a maf or fuel you knows~ most show 450rwhp/tq at that level with intake/catback~

Andrade

Established Member
thanks for info the guy i bought it from said it made 489 to the tires....so does that sound right??? it may have better fuel system and all that idk yet.. i just got it and its been a blizzard outside so i havent even looked it over yet..

BdJames

Established Member
thanks for info the guy i bought it from said it made 489 to the tires....so does that sound right??? it may have better fuel system and all that idk yet.. i just got it and its been a blizzard outside so i havent even looked it over yet..

Seems a little high to me if you are sure about your mods. You must have more done to hit 498 to the ground. Do you have a dyno sheet that you can post?

Andrade

Established Member
no but i do plan on taking it to a local tuner and having him get it on the rollers and see whats up .. then have him look it over ... i just want tune to be safe and fast haha

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Big drawback of littles up front is braking power. Especially with a wife and kid in the car, and don't even think about driving in the rain with that kind of power and no worthy tires. lol

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
If your car already has a 2.76 upper, my advice would be to save up and get your blower ported or slap on bigger blower.. Keep in mind your stock MAF and pumps are about maxed out now as it is, if they arent already. Port Blower, MAF, BAP, Injectors should net you around 30-40 more horses. Also consider swapping out your 2.76 upper for a 2.93 Upper/4 lb lower. Adding a lower will give you more torque but will not change your peak hp.

Andrade

Established Member
great. thank you thats some good advice.. hell it may have upgraded fuel system and MAF ha i have no idea yet.. my other car leaves to new home Saturday so ill start tearing into this one..

Users who are viewing this thread