Best way to align alternator?

cobra-k

Established Member
oh really, interesting. was ur crank pulley ever wobbling or anything that you could see? congratz on figuring it out. i still havent figured mine out.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
oh really, interesting. was ur crank pulley ever wobbling or anything that you could see? congratz on figuring it out. i still havent figured mine out.

No wobbling what so ever, the hub that the crank pully bolts too was 1/8in thicker than the new one. That's why the aftermarket irritates me :mj: A lot of them make these claims that their product is a direct replacement to the OE parts, but its a whole different story when you go to install them.

Hopefully I can get ready to enjoy the car this summer without replacing the belt 2x a year!

Last edited:

cobra-k

Established Member
ended up finding my problem with the belt walking. ended up being the tensioner, at first glace you wouldn't have guessed there was anything wrong with it but when i removed it and took a close look at it, it was definitely bent out of shape. it was at the point that the tensioner pulley was actually grinding against my bridge plate, theres a nice groove grinded into it now lol and the outside of the pulley is chewed up. so i order a replacement... havent had any issues with belts being destroyed. got belt slip as i dont see the boost i should, nor is the alignment 100% back to normal either seems like i still have it riding fairly close the engine on top idler.

Users who are viewing this thread