Best Valve Springs?

Outonyou

Established Member
My heads are at the machine shop now getting a valve job. I received a call from machinist saying I need new spring. Ive heard horror stories about comp cams beehive style spring. That being said, I plan on running stock cam profile ( no gonna spend 1500 bus for 20 hp) But It will see 15-20 psi of boost. Which springs fit the bill......

Quick Strike

Established Member
The Comps beehives had a production run that had issues a couple years back... Manley's are very good..

I have comps from 08 before the issue. It has 6k miles with them. My lift is almost .5" and the duration is in the mid 220s at .050". That is a pretty hefty ramp rate at close to the max lift of the spring in our application. I think is is safe to go back to them now.

Last edited:

Outonyou

Established Member
Ok guys. The tooley springs are currently unavailable. What's your opinion on trick flow? Pn Tfs-16123-32

Outonyou

Established Member
Pay if no tools available

I won't be paying any extra for the valve job. The springs have to come off anyways. I was just informed that my original springs were weak and was looking for advice as to which replacement set would be best.

Last edited:

blk00gtvert

Established Member
I won't be paying any extra for the valve job. The springs have to come off anyways. I was just informed that my original springs were weak and was looking for advice as to which replacement set would be best.

jesus christ.... auto correct ownd BAD....

ment to say PAC if no brian toolys are available....sorry about that

Users who are viewing this thread