Best Upper Pulley Size for Apten

jfclague

Established Member
Has anyone determined the best upper pulley size with the Apten supercharger upgrade?

I am currently running with 2.93, should I drop to 2.8 before going with the Apten?

Thanks,
Jim

Fast01Cobra

Established Member
I don't think that the pulley size will matter that much. The increase should be about the same. IE. if you dyno @ 420rwhp with your current config, it should see around 440 - 450. If you dyno at 440 say with a smaller pulley, you should see around 460 - 470. I'm speaking theory here, so don't take those numbers to be exact. I'm trying to point out that your gain should be about the same. I would recommend going to the 2.8 if you are not concerned with warranty and such, but get an aux. idler.

jfclague

Established Member
Originally posted by Fast01Cobra
I don't think that the pulley size will matter that much. The increase should be about the same. IE. if you dyno @ 420rwhp with your current config, it should see around 440 - 450. If you dyno at 440 say with a smaller pulley, you should see around 460 - 470. I'm speaking theory here, so don't take those numbers to be exact. I'm trying to point out that your gain should be about the same. I would recommend going to the 2.8 if you are not concerned with warranty and such, but get an aux. idler.

Fast01Cobra,

Thanks for the info. I am currently at 455 and with all the mods I have already done, I think warranty issues are blown. If I do switch to the 2.8, I will definately get the idlers.

Thanks
Jim

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
the hp will be about the same but the tq is a huge difference. I have a 2.76, see sig for numbers without the apten. Apten numbers will be here Dec 22. Tq is what gets these bricks moving.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a 2.90" RR upper now, but will probably change to a 2.80" RR after I install the Apten blower.

bross03cobra

Established Member
FAST01,
I see you put 4:10's in. HOw do you like them and do you still have the IRS. I was thinking of going to 4:10's or 4:30's in mine but didnt want to go to a solid. What did the gears run you if you dont mind. I would greatly appreciate any help......Thanks, Bill

Fast01Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by bross03cobra
FAST01,
I see you put 4:10's in. HOw do you like them and do you still have the IRS. I was thinking of going to 4:10's or 4:30's in mine but didnt want to go to a solid. What did the gears run you if you dont mind. I would greatly appreciate any help......Thanks, Bill

Bill,

I really like the 4.10s. They haven't hurt me on the track yet, but I maybe getting close to Redline when I finish my mods. I would highly recommend staying away from 4.30s as you will be out of RPMs with them.

BTW I still have the stock IRS.

Good luck....

Last edited:

bross03cobra

Established Member
Fast,
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. The 4.10's will be the way I go then. Did you install them yourself or dealer installed? Thanks....Bill

Fast01Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by bross03cobra
Fast,
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. The 4.10's will be the way I go then. Did you install them yourself or dealer installed? Thanks....Bill

I had a local performance shop install them. Don't forget that you will either need a speedo calibrator or and aftermarket chip to compensate for the gear change.

jguerrero

Established Member
I asked Bryan from Apten the same question over the phone he told me that there was not much of a difference from the 2.90 to 2.80 ( i think he said a couple more horsepower, and 6 more rwtq). I am goign to stick with my 2.9RR, its worked this far, why mess with it over a few measily numbers.

another thing, I have not had any belt slip so far, and I do not have an idler sytem. Goign to a 2.8, I think you would have to...

Last edited:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I say go with a 2.80. I have used the 2.93 and the 2.80. The 2.80 is much better, more hp, and a lot more torque. I would never run a 2.93 again.

Users who are viewing this thread