Best tv for under $999

]sVt[Po|son

Established Member
Looking for a new tv and trying to stay under $1000

I know some of you guys have more knowledge on the subject than I do so let me know which TV I should get.

Thanks in advance :beer:

TV will be used for gaming (Xbox one), sports, and a few shows here and there

Hepcat007

Established Member
If I were to get a TV under $1000 now, I'd look at Vizio's new E550i-B2. 55" with Full Array led. New for 2014 and is getting pretty rave reviews as far as sub $1000 tv's go. Can be had for about $728. The bezel and stand are a little on the cheap side, but all the money went into the guts of the TV. That would leave you a little left over for a sound bar due to crap sound on all flatscreen tv speakers or a new TV stand. Vizio has really stepped up their game with their new line. If you are wanting 3d however, look somewhere else.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^
If you mount it on the wall you eliminate the cheap stand issue. All of my large screen plasma TVs have been wall mounted. JMO. I've only owned Samsung plasmas, but that Vizio E550i-B2 sounds nice.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
i got a samsung 60 inch at best buy for $1000. Actually It was more like $970, I got some money off by applying for their credit card.

robraySVT

Established Member
]sVt[Po|son;14021905 said:
Looking for a new tv and trying to stay under $1000

I know some of you guys have more knowledge on the subject than I do so let me know which TV I should get.

Thanks in advance :beer:

TV will be used for gaming (Xbox one), sports, and a few shows here and there

How big? My wife and I bought a 51 inch Samsung plasma 720 for about 600 bucks. For gaming and sports I would go plasma because of the high refresh rate. We love it, and I would go with either samsung or Panasonic.

yoda

Boost Lee Roy
Established Member
If you're going to go with plasma then a Panasonic is the way to go imo. They are getting harder to find because Panasonic stopped production of them. I bought one of the last Panasonic Plasmas that a local HEB Plus in Austin had last month( Panasonic TC-P50U50 1080p 600hz) on sale for $488.Gaming on it is incredible(PS4) and has very little input lag.You can find the newer s60 series models for less the $1000 as well. Avsforums was a great resource.

Last edited:

Tmatt142

Established Member
I would try to stay with Samsung if you could. I've had zero issues with all 4 of mine. The new Viz does warrant a look-see though....

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I have a new Vizio M-series 70in and couldnt be happier. I have two other Samsungs in the house and have to say I wanted to stay with Samsung. I took a look at a samsung 65 and the vizzio 70 they were next to each other at costco.... both led 240 refresh 3d... the Vizio had almost no glare and was sharper... and $350 cheaper to boot. The guys in the tv dept said Vizio is now the better tv...
Take a serious look at that 55in vizio!

Users who are viewing this thread