Best Tuner in NC

evil 03

THE 700 CLUB
Established Member
tell me one shop that alot of people go thier and dont hear anything bad i have heard bad stuff about every shop on the list so far but you can always listen to what you hear

SeankySnake

Established Member
Ed Clark out of Norfolk

+1 for Ed Clark, he pratically design the SCT Software. If Ed can't get to it Dan is the 2nd best in the South East. I personally would not trust my car with any other mentioned, this is speaking from experience from the others.

Screamin_Heaton

At war with STALL issue
Established Member
Took the car to Dan at pro Dyno and tried to get the stall fixed via tune. Car dynoed much better with higher numbers and seemed like the stall might be fixed or cured (had to drive down the road and back about 15 times while at his shop). Dan check my IAC and TPS and even adjusted the idle screw on the TB, everything he said was good. Then a couple of days back home, the stall comes back but not nearly as often as before. I just need to get the stall fixed, because I can make it stall on command now. Just give it some gas in first and let the clutch out 3/4 to full like you are getting ready to take off quickly, then push the clutch back in.......stall. Has also stalled a few times when slowing down in 4th, to make a turn, push the clutch in around 30mph....stall. It seems like a low speed problem but I also get some pretty low rpm dips on some 4th-5th shifts and 5th-6th shifts.

I know what some might say, "learn to live with it" or "if you know when it is going to stall, avoid it." Well sometimes it's hard to avoid when this is not a track car, I drive it on the street. And I really don't think I should learn to live with it because it's NOT normal, not for any car. I know early 03 had a TSB for stalling, and the SCT base tune should have the fix. I mean if lets say the z06's had a stalling problem, do you think the owners would just say "ah, thats normal for these cars." Why would anyone buy one for the street if a "common" problem might cause them to get into an accident? I bought mine knowing about the head tick, irs cover, interior squeaks, and weakness of halfshafts, but I did not know about a stalling issue (for some).

Bottom line: It gets very old to have to watch your RPM's like a hawk whenever you are about to slow down or push the clutch in.

I don't know much about this Ed Clark guy. How would I get in touch with him? Do you think he could help with the stalling issue? Not a band aid, an actually solution. If it's mechanical, I'll fix it, if it's electrical....tune it out.

SeankySnake

Established Member
What does your fuel system constist of? Any mods to the fuel system? Have you checked for any vaccum leaks? I had the same issue on my 92GT come to find out that I needed a larger T-body and that fixed the problem, but I see in your sig you have a BBK Twin 65mm, I can't see that being a problem.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
have you contacted Dan about this? It does sound like the typical 03 stall issue but I'd double check with him first then its a process of elimination. It could be something else? Keep us posted.

NFCstang

I probably don't like you
Established Member
I don't know much about this Ed Clark guy. How would I get in touch with him? Do you think he could help with the stalling issue? Not a band aid, an actually solution. If it's mechanical, I'll fix it, if it's electrical....tune it out.

Ed's top notch.....

He's not on SVTP but you could probably PM him on either modulardepot.com or tidewaterracing.com

I know he's tuning at All Aspects in Chesapeake VA.

You might want to give them a call and see if they can hook you up

All Aspects Motorsports
136 Tilden Ave.
Chesapeake, Va. 23320
757-547-2888

BTW...it does sound exactly like the TSB stall issue.

Last edited:

Screamin_Heaton

At war with STALL issue
Established Member
What does your fuel system constist of? Any mods to the fuel system? Have you checked for any vaccum leaks? I had the same issue on my 92GT come to find out that I needed a larger T-body and that fixed the problem, but I see in your sig you have a BBK Twin 65mm, I can't see that being a problem.

The only fuel system mods would be the 63# injectors. If it was fuel related I would have thought that Dan could see something wrong by the parameters....or dyno runs while he was testing it.

have you contacted Dan about this? It does sound like the typical 03 stall issue but I'd double check with him first then its a process of elimination. It could be something else? Keep us posted.

I have contacted Dan about this. Basically he says if I would like to tweak it again, to come down there and he will take a look at it. The problem is he is in SC (3.5 hours away from my house). Now I have already been done there twice last month. 1st time it had a vaccuum leak (wasn't spotted until the 2nd trip when Rob hooked a boost/vaccuum gauge up). 2nd time we fixed the leak, ran great on the dyno (no fuel issues) and he tweaked the stall problem. Both times I've had to take off work. What if I take off work a third time and he tweaks it....problem comes back....and I have to drive down a 4th....or even 5th time. As far as being a problem somewhere else, I'm all ears. I thought it might have something to do with the TR6 plugs, since it has a poppy/slightly jumpy idle at times. Dan told me that was due to the Magnaflow catback and advised against the NGK TR7IX's i wanted to put in. He said someone cracked all the irridium plugs on a lightning on his dyno once, and has said to stay away. I'm just basically at my wits end about it. I will keep everyone posted though, if I find a absolute solution, I am going to post all the syptoms the car has had, all the solutions that didn't work, and finally the true way to correct the problem.
Ed's top notch.....

He's not on SVTP but you could probably PM him on either modulardepot.com or tidewaterracing.com

I know he's tuning at All Aspects in Chesapeake VA.

You might want to give them a call and see if they can hook you up

All Aspects Motorsports
136 Tilden Ave.
Chesapeake, Va. 23320
757-547-2888

BTW...it does sound exactly like the TSB stall issue.

Thanks for the info. If it sounds like the TSB stall issue, wouldn't the SCT base tune take care of that? This is so confusing sometimes it makes me want to go through my old electronics and grab a vid camera and record it when it happens. So then I can just post the vid, and put the title as "Does anyone know how to fix this correctly?!?"

NFCstang

I probably don't like you
Established Member
Thanks for the info. If it sounds like the TSB stall issue, wouldn't the SCT base tune take care of that? This is so confusing sometimes it makes me want to go through my old electronics and grab a vid camera and record it when it happens. So then I can just post the vid, and put the title as "Does anyone know how to fix this correctly?!?"

It should, but IDK what your tuner did/is doing.

I know mine had the same issue and Ed told me he was uploading the fix at the same time he was doing my first tune

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
that stall fix is already in all of Ricks programs..he is also very good at finding mechanical issues that are causing tuning problems

I think he is the best tuner in the country...but I'm biased :beer:
he has certainly been tuning longer than just about all the others ..there is not substiution for knowledge and experience

Screamin_Heaton

At war with STALL issue
Established Member
I sent Rick a PM on this site yesterday about my situation.

I wonder then who has more experience with the stall issue. Ed Clark or Rick at Amazon?

Anderson SC is a haul and half for me, but if Ed Clark is in Chesapeake VA....that is much closer. STILL...I would much rather go to someone I can be confident in fixing the problem. Any more people had experience with Ed Clark or Rick at Amazon PLEASE chime in and give me opinions.....good OR bad.

Users who are viewing this thread