best tuner in kc OR stl?

03Steve

Established Member
bobcat doesn't have a dyno plain and simple. This is a vital tool to tuning and getting the most out of your combo by seeing true results unless you don't care to get the most out of your tuning money.

I take exception to this. The blue car in my avatar and silver car in my sig were both tuned without a dyno. They have each run extremely well. A chassis dyno is not the only tool for quantifying a car's performance.

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
I take exception to this. The blue car in my avatar and silver car in my sig were both tuned without a dyno. They have each run extremely well. A chassis dyno is not the only tool for quantifying a car's performance.

That's okay, I'm sure a lot do. Cars will run well with both methods...personally I just feel that using the dyno is an advantage vs not using one.

BobCat

Established Member
There are Pro's and Con's for every shop but I do what I can to make everyone happy. I'm not sure who the customer is that had transmission issues but if it was brought to my attention I would have done whatever was necessary to make it right.

BTW I have 2 dynos now..... a Dynojet 248 to provide #'s that everyone is after and a Dynapack Loaded dyno for steady state calibration. It is still my belief that street or track tuning provides a better tune but it takes a lot more time and it is much more dangerous which is why I now have two dynos.

stuntstere

Established Member
x3 on justunes in kc. Great tuner and priced pretty good. Idk about when he travels though. Tuned by brother-in-laws s10 and it runs great. Stock LQ9 6.0 lower end with stock port heads, custom cam, nice sized single turbo; street tuned on e85 and 12 psi. Took it to the dyno and put down 720 hp. Graph was nice and smooth too. Justins website: Home Page

Last edited:

DRK HRS

Established Member
I'm in the STL area, and when I'm ready to get my car tuned I'll be going with bobcat. Heard nothing but good things about him. Lots of people like to post negative experiences, but it says something when people go out of their way to post as much positive feedback as I've seen for bobcat!

This thread is ****ing ancient, but it came up in a Google search. Forgive me for necroposting, but I just want to say that Bobcat is ****ing awesome. He's the best tuner anywhere near STL, hands down. He knows his shit, he's been doing this forever. He doesn't only street tune anymore either, he's had a dyno for years. If you have a Mustang you need tuned, he is THE man to go to in the midwest. He will do it right, and if he makes ANY errors (not likely), he will take care of you. He's a good dude in general. Very easy to get along with. He'll explain everything that's being done to you.

I'd make the 90 minute drive just for an exhaust swap, because I trust him and his people at the shop.

I'll leave once last bit of info about Bob Monks and STLMustangs: He's never, in all his years of tuning, had a car blow up on him. Not one. Go to Bob!

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
This thread is ****ing ancient, but it came up in a Google search. Forgive me for necroposting, but I just want to say that Bobcat is ****ing awesome. He's the best tuner anywhere near STL, hands down. He knows his shit, he's been doing this forever. He doesn't only street tune anymore either, he's had a dyno for years. If you have a Mustang you need tuned, he is THE man to go to in the midwest. He will do it right, and if he makes ANY errors (not likely), he will take care of you. He's a good dude in general. Very easy to get along with. He'll explain everything that's being done to you.

I'd make the 90 minute drive just for an exhaust swap, because I trust him and his people at the shop.

I'll leave once last bit of info about Bob Monks and STLMustangs: He's never, in all his years of tuning, had a car blow up on him. Not one. Go to Bob!

That's where I'm going to get a VMP installed and tune. Never heard a bad thing about them and that's rare. I messaged them on FB just asking a question and Cliff told me to call. I did, got all the info I needed right away. He even gave me his cell to txt him with questions. 100% would recommend them based off my experience so far. Blower going on sometime in the next few weeks. Hopefully unless they are super busy

BTW man PM me if you are around the St Charles area and ever want to meet up. I'd love to see your car sometime

Piasared

Established Member
I'll try an post a video when they do the tune on my Cobra in the morning. STL Mustangs tuned it years ago an was very happy. I'm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread