Best Tuner for TVS?

drh_5.0

Established Member
From what I've seen no other car drives like an AED. Smooth, safe, fast and cares about his customers vehicles.

Great blend of all 3 IMO.

2nd person to say those exact words to me today. Nice! Lol. AED is looking better and better.

bad93svt

Established Member
I don't own a newer 5.0L....however I do own an 04 Cobra with a VMP tvs.
justin has tuned my car since I purchased It. I have always been happy with the results.
look at my signature....

Results speak for themselves...

Good luck with whoever yoy choose!

JEFF

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Justin (VMP) used to tune my car since day 1 of me owning it. I've had various setups in my car and each time Justin has tuned my car, I've had positive results. He treats customers cars as if they were his own and knows his stuff. Last year, I pulled the engine out to build a faster car and port the heads. After years of abuse and Justin tuning it, the engine was perfect. There were NO signs of abnormal wear or signs of bad tuning. And let me reemphasize, my car didn't live an easy life.

Guys that say Justin blew there car up are just looking for someone to blame and unfortunately, tuners usually get the finger pointed at them. Root cause of an engine failure stems from how well it's been maintained prior to shoving a bunch of boost at it.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
From what I've seen no other car drives like an AED. Smooth, safe, fast and cares about his customers vehicles.

Great blend of all 3 IMO.
This is turnng into a pissing match, but I will gladly say it is no better than my VMP Tune. I am one picky mofo. My car drives just like stock and runs very hard. I can't say I've seen anyone quicker or faster with my mods/fuel/weight.

cb900f

Established Member
This is turnng into a pissing match, but I will gladly say it is no better than my VMP Tune. I am one picky mofo. My car drives just like stock and runs very hard. I can't say I've seen anyone quicker or faster with my mods/fuel/weight.
I would agree. What works for one person might not work for someone else.

In reality the OP already made his mind up before even making this thread. So why do we even bother?

Does the spoon even exist?!?!?!?

dntalman

Yella Terra
Established Member
The order does not matter they are all good tuners. If I was to pick one, it would be AED. I like the fact he takes the time to talk with you and wants you to datalog to make it as close to perfect as possible. I have a mail order tune from EVOLUTION PERFORMANCE, Lund handles their tunes. It is a mail order tune and runs good. I know there is more HP/TQ to be had in my car. Once I get a few more parts in my quest for a high 10s N/A Coyote. I will have AED tune it. I want every bit of HP/TQ my car can make to shoot for my goal. A datalog tune from Shaun at AED will help me reach that goal..

grnenvy

Established Member
I have been playing in this sport for over 20 years and 50% of the guys wanting to go fast don't no there ass from a hole in a wall. I believe most of the problems with engines blowing up is do to low octane and stupid people. I don't care who tunes your car u need to log it and check it. U need to know what a safe timing curve looks like and also what a safe fuel ratio is. U also need to know what Octane means and what affects it will have on your motor. If u don't know how to do that well get some help like I did. I have one of the fastest TVS cars and Justin @ VMP tunes my car.

People need to stop blaming and pointing the finger and take some freaken responsibility.

BMR Tech

grnenvy speaketh truth. 4200lbs and my 5yo daughter could make a 9-second pass in that (his) car. ;)

FIFTY

Established Member
Everybody is talking about how fast there cars are....SO how fast are they? Hell...my car is fast too;)

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Everybody is talking about how fast there cars are....SO how fast are they? Hell...my car is fast too;)

All the big tuners will be similarly fast, its HOW THEY DAILY DRIVE that sets them apart. Trust me, I've tried a few different tuners, and they all drove totally differently. My AED tune drives the best BY FAR.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
All the big tuners will be similarly fast, its HOW THEY DAILY DRIVE that sets them apart. Trust me, I've tried a few different tuners, and they all drove totally differently. My AED tune drives the best BY FAR.
I completely agree it is all in the tune. Some tuners can get good driveability and some cant. Tuning is not just about WOT.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
My VMP tuned TVS powered Terminator is daily driven usually with the top down and runs 9.7s.
Yes I am very happy!

BMR Tech

Our VMP TVS/Tuned car went 10.1@137, the only time we ever "tried" to make a good (quick) ET. It's a bolt-on / suspension car, with a splash of RG and 16 (15.5 actually) degrees timing on that pass.

It usually runs 10.50's@131 in NMRA trim, on 14 degrees and 93 octane, with reduced shift points (consistency baby!)

grnenvy is a grudge racer. He is local to me, and a friend. His car is very fast. All I can say is, it is an easy 9 second car, without even trying. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread