Best Superchargers for the money?

ARC

Established Member
I'm thinking ahead of myself here, as it was not even 2 months ago that I made a massive commitment: purchasing a brand new 2014 Mustang GT Premium. I'm curious though - what superchargers are best for the money? Roush superchargers?? Procharger superchargers?? Any ideas? Thanks, guys.

Vic2186

Established Member
The search supercharger;)

Just joking ..depends on how you like power delivery all from the bottom or linear pull

ARC

Established Member
I probably would prefer linear. That's how my naturally aspirated engine is already and I think it's a nice concept to not have any huge surprises.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Its a touchy subject here, many brand loyal people here! your better off doing a search on each. There's a good article on superchargers in the august edition of " muscle mustangs and fast fords" on page 62, its very informative!

ARC

Established Member
So I guess no centrifugal supercharger since it doesn't provide as much boost at lower RPM when compared to a twin screw.

ARC

Established Member
Its a touchy subject here, many brand loyal people here! your better off doing a search on each. There's a good article on superchargers in the august edition of " muscle mustangs and fast fords" on page 62, its very informative!
I recently subscribed to 5.0 magazine and that muscle mustangs mag too I believe. I haven't received any issues of the magazine yet, but I LOVE reading them :). I am currently doing research. Thanks for your input.

jojobee

Established Member
The same answers will always come back...
Either Roush, Paxton, Vortech, Whipple and Procharger they are all good at what they do.
It really depends on your preferences and budget.
I love my Roush especially with my new engine and more boost but i'm sure i would have been satisfied with a Paxton too that is much cheaper.

ARC

Established Member
Just pick one they are all good , best sellers seem to be paxton and roush
Lol, I don't buy things at random. I will do extensive research before doing any engine modifications. I am not going to buy at this moment, but want to be ready with knowledge when the time comes.

DrTriton

Established Member
Really impressed with my Roush phase 3 kit - the car is very fast, has great torque and it's quiet (stealthy). It's a very well designed kit with OEM quality and looks.

Depends on your needs, but IMO you can't go wrong with the Roush setup.

There is also a lot of aftermarket support if you want to take it beyond the 675HP level.

ARC

Established Member
Twin Turbos

/end thread.

Interested in your explanation? I've done a bit of research on turbo charging the coyote motor. I do love turbochargers as well as superchargers. Superchargers seem a bit less expensive and easier to maintain. Granted, there are obvious advantages to turbocharging (e.g., easy adjustability of boost, higher boost at lower RPM).

Really impressed with my Roush phase 3 kit - the car is very fast, has great torque and it's quiet (stealthy). It's a very well designed kit with OEM quality and looks.

Depends on your needs, but IMO you can't go wrong with the Roush setup.

There is also a lot of aftermarket support if you want to take it beyond the 675HP level.

Thanks for the input. I have been looking at them. Their prices are fair. It seems Kenne Bell superchargers are a bit cheaper and they're twin screw (which seems to be a bit better and more popular than a roots supercharger). Thoughts?

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
:bash::bash::bash::bash:This is what has been done to this debate.

$ per HP NOTHING beats a Paxton.

Smiles per mile, any of them are great.

Users who are viewing this thread