Best Sports/Muscle Car For 30k

03snakenvtn

Established Member
So I'm debating getting rid of my 08 BMW 335 for something with a v8 and some muscle under the hood. Something with factory forced induction is always a plus, because of the mod factor. My 335 is an automatic, which is the biggest reason I wanna get rid of it. I'm just bored and wanna row the gears myself again. To narrow things down a little, I'll just give you a few examples of what I'm looking at. An 07-09 GT500, an 05+ c6 corvette, an 11+ GT, a 335 coupe, and maybe an 03/04 Cobra, but I kinda want something newer. I test drove an 05 c6 vert today, and just wasn't impressed. It honestly didn't feel any quicker than my JB4 335 (roughly 400hp at the motor) and didn't handle near as well as I thought it would. I know convertibles don't handle as well as their coupe counterparts, but not handling much better than a German sedan is embarrassing when it's supposed to be a dedicated sports car. I'm sure the c6z is a lot more impressive, but it's out of my price range, so it's out. What do you guys think? Are there any cars I'm not considering that I should?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I would go for an 11 5.0 GT, hell a new base 2012 GT with incentives and rebates should be around 26K. I have seen some 07 Gt500s with around 20,000 miles going for 30K. You should do some test driving and pick the car that suites you best.

PatrickSVT

Established Member
Id also suggest a 07ish GT500, saw a white one yesterday and it was pretty sick.

Also would suggest a new 5.0 or a C5Z if you can handle something a little older.

Sent from my Sidekick 4G using Tapatalk

03snakenvtn

Established Member
I love the GT500's, and the aftermarket is great and it's easy to make big power with them. For some reason my test drive in the c6 today just turned me off Corvettes a little. It just wasn't good as I was expecting and 400hp just isn't enough to make one "feel" fast. The aftermarket is also a lot more expensive than the Mustang world. I think I'm between a 335 coupe and a GT500. I know, completely different cars, but the 335 just does everything so well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SomeSoldier

I wanna go fast.
Established Member
I am biased but if you want raw power, 03/04 cobra is the car for you. With the money you are talking I'm sure you buy and mod or just buy a 03/04 cobra with 600ish hp.

Last edited:

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I'd say get the GT500 only because you already had the 335. Why would you trade in your BMW for another one? I take it your 08 is a sedan and now you say you want the coupe in a 6mt. At the end of the day you'll basically still be driving the same car. I'd go for the mustang.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I would do a Boss 302. My friend's dad has the Laguna Seca and he said it's amazing on the track.

03snakenvtn

Established Member
I'd say get the GT500 only because you already had the 335. Why would you trade in your BMW for another one? I take it your 08 is a sedan and now you say you want the coupe in a 6mt. At the end of the day you'll basically still be driving the same car. I'd go for the mustang.

My current 335 is an automatic and a sedan. The car I want is a stick and a coupe with the sport package. They're technically the same model, but very different feel. I've had an 03 Cobra so I'm sure there's GT500 is like that, just better and newer. The 335 coupes do everything better than a GT500, except produce monster power. So I have to decide whether I want a fun, well rounded car or an all-out monster.

03snakenvtn

Established Member
New 5.0 or used C6.

A used c6 is out, unless the one I drove today wasn't a good representation of them. It just isn't enough power to justify having a garbage interior and rough ride. I'm ok with not having bmw smoothness, but it has to be a monster on the street. Unless you go FI, which I wouldn't, the c6 is far from a monster.

dumbstixlars

Established Member
Definitely go give a 11+ GT a spin. I drove mine Saturday morning and took it home that afternoon, it is quite a car.

Users who are viewing this thread