• Scion TC

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Volkswagen GTI

Votes: 16 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

openaccount

Established Member
Mazdaspeed 3? Out of who voted, who has owned one? I have and I regret ever stepping foot in a Mazda dealer. I bought that car new and threw on a cat back and an intake, 20k miles later it threw a rod through the block getting on the highway while shifting from 2nd to 3rd at 3500. Mazda would not warranty because of the "mods". Those cars were throwing rods in totally stock form the same time as mine.

Yes, I'm a little bitter lol

It wasn't that great of a car anyways, still a shitbox. If I'm gonna drive a shit box it will be an SRT-4, cheap as hell to make fast and comfortable enough for me.

Zoom zoom boom cases have dropped to nothing other than for the guys pushing the envelope now. Inital cases were due to tuning too much torque on the low end+ fast spooling k04 bending rods. Detonation is because of DI engine and people threw mods on the car without changing the Fuel pump.

Stock block has been proven to take 400-500whp no problem. Issue came from people being niave about DI engines.

Butterybunz

Established Member
I am going to try and pick up a NSRT4 in my area with 42k miles that is completely stock except for Mopar BOV. He is asking 12k, I am going to try to talk him down to 10k cash.

How hard is life without cruise control? lol

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I am going to try and pick up a NSRT4 in my area with 42k miles that is completely stock except for Mopar BOV. He is asking 12k, I am going to try to talk him down to 10k cash.

How hard is life without cruise control? lol

Do you use it alot now? If so, life will suck. If not, you wont notice it.

Im at the point where steering wheel cruise and stereo controls are a must. Laziness ftl.

Price seems high, my buddy sold his black 05 SRT4 (04-05 have Limited slip diff standard which is a must IMO) for $12k back in '08 with 25k on the clock. Thing was kept udder spotless since he was big into true detailing, black is a PITA but that thing was better than showroom clean all the time.

Though if you try to get one too cheap itll be the equivalent of a ghetto rigged DSM reliability wise. If that one checks out it may be worth the money to get it instead.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
2010+ VW GTI

Great handling & brakes
fantastic build quality
gorgeous interior
DSG paddle-shifted Automated manual with launch control
decent fuel economy (25-30mpg average)
Limited-slip Dif
200lb/ft of torque from 1,800rpm-5,000rpm continuously
Laser seam welded chassis

Just an all-around solid hatchback. Sporty & quick, reliable, agile, yet economical and practical, as well as comfortable, tastefully understated, and good looking.

German over engineering FTL!

If I absolutely had to drive compact, I'd go for these:

Healey-Subaru-BRZ-is-exotic-affordable-3A17J5PP-x-large.jpg

**** FWD.

Those cars are starting to grow on me, don't care for the styling. But a cheap RWD sports coupe overrides that.

Butterybunz

Established Member
Price seems high, my buddy sold his black 05 SRT4 (04-05 have Limited slip diff standard which is a must IMO) for $12k back in '08 with 25k on the clock. Thing was kept udder spotless since he was big into true detailing, black is a PITA but that thing was better than showroom clean all the time.

Yes the price is high, but it is the ONLY clean srt with low miles anywhere close to me. So i'm willing to pay the price.

Users who are viewing this thread