Best Sounding Cat-back Exhaust POLL!

Best sounding 03-04 Cobra Cat-back exhaust...

• Bassani

Votes: 50 15.9%
  • Borla Stingers

Votes: 103 32.8%
  • Flowmaster

Votes: 23 7.3%
  • JBA

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • MAC

Votes: 34 10.8%
  • Magnaflow

Votes: 65 20.7%
  • Pypes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SLP

Votes: 10 3.2%
  • Steeda

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Other ______

Votes: 18 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wjk

Established Member
Hopefully this will be the end all "which is the best sounding exhaust" thread. Post what ya think!

Tims97SVT

Established Member
This question your not going to get a straight up answer too. A lot of things make the car sound diff. Headers, mid pipe, hell even the tune makes the car sound diff. I voted flows because everyone tells me my car sounds good. If I ever spend big money on a cb I will buy stingers thou.

mysterio

Established Member
This question your not going to get a straight up answer too. A lot of things make the car sound diff. Headers, mid pipe, hell even the tune makes the car sound diff. I voted flows because everyone tells me my car sounds good. If I ever spend big money on a cb I will buy stingers thou.

^This, but to add to it, "sound quality" is a very subjective thing. What is music to your ears, OP, might sound like cats in a blender to me.

Doubt you're going to get total agreement across the board on what sounds good.

I wish more manufacturers ( I know a couple do ) would put up sound clips on their web sites for our cobras.

Fat-cat

Established Member
this is going to be a borla, land slide. However i like the sound of my magnaflows with the long tubes

wvmystichrome

Established Member
This is what I have been wondering also. I have heard many types from Stingers to Loudmouths. My main concern is the resonance INSIDE the car. My Flowmasters on my 1990 GT really sound great on the outside but at 2,100 - 2,400 rpm or so, the inside gets loud. That is why I have left the factory on trying to figure out the best outside sound with minimum inside resonance. Waiting for feedback on this.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
^^^ My o/r Prochamber and Stingers are really decent inside the car resonance wise. Way better than the Flows I had on.

hakeem_svt

Established Member
the best sounding 03-04 Cobra Cat-back exhaust is Magnaflow for me.

This video my '03 cobra:- :coolman:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_3GqLYd-GE"]YouTube - Mustang SVT Cobra DSG vert "Terminator" Magnaflow exhaust - موستنج كوبرا ترمنيتور[/nomedia]

Last edited:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
IMO, it's a toss-up between Borla and Bassani
personally, i have Bassani and love the sound but you have to put together the right combo. Certain mid-pipes don't sound good with certain catbacks and then adding LT's to the mix changes the sound as well

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Borla and Bassani sound sexy as hell, but I loved the way my MAC sounded when I had my IRS. The MAC I have on my solid sounds like shit compared to it for some reason!

oxford03cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
im gonna have to go with magnaflow i really like the way mine sounds with the longtubes off road x pipe and magnaflow catback

Bad03Vert

Hello 5.0
Established Member
I voted for the Steeda/Borla. I had the Borla catback on my 96', Borla stingers on my 08' GT, and stingers on my 03' Vert. Stingers IMO are too loud for a vert; switched them out for the Steeda catback....couldn't be happier.

I think the best sounding systems for Cobras that I have heard in person are: (in no particular order)

1. Catted X-pipe w/ Borla Stingers.
2. Off Road X-pipe w/ Borla Quiet or Steeda Catback.
3. Full Bassani Exhaust
4. Full Stainless Works Exhaust

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
FR M55 FTW interms of just a bad ass sounding CB. MAC FTW interms of just making a great tone.

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member

I had a bassani O/R X and stingers on my 04 whippled mystichrome. Very loud. Slow acceleration sounds unbelievable, but WOT was too harley / truck like for me. I also couldn't carry on a conversation going 70mph on the highway. :beer:

I have a UPR O/R X and Magnaflow catback on my current cobra and it sounds absolutely amazing. Not as much rasp, nice chambered sound. Almost just as loud.

Borla and Bassani sound sexy as hell, but I loved the way my MAC sounded when I had my IRS. The MAC I have on my solid sounds like shit compared to it for some reason!

I just finished an SRA to IRS swap. My SRA Magnaflow catback was MUCH quieter than my IRS Magnaflow catback. Shocked me when I started my car after the swap. I'll be posting a full write up with video comparisons as soon as I can find an MP4 to WMV converter!

bizzmeister

Captain America
Established Member
I have polished bassani o/r X and borla stingers, brand new, sitting right next to me right now lol. Recently polished the rear parts of the stingers.

Going on tomorrow .....*gulp* lol.

antiv6

Established Member
borla stingers are my favorite, i had slp before that which was ok but i like the stinger sound

03cobrah

Established Member
This is what I have been wondering also. I have heard many types from Stingers to Loudmouths. My main concern is the resonance INSIDE the car. My Flowmasters on my 1990 GT really sound great on the outside but at 2,100 - 2,400 rpm or so, the inside gets loud. That is why I have left the factory on trying to figure out the best outside sound with minimum inside resonance. Waiting for feedback on this.

imho i think that bassani catted x with stingers will be a good setup for you. i have this on my car now and i thought it wasn't as loud as i wished it would be but once i got it inspected and heard the other guy drive my car to the inspection station i noticed how loud it is on the outside, but on the inside not so much.

ThatOneCobra

Go Ducks !
Established Member
ima break the barrier and say FLOWMASTER AMERICAN THUNDER
its my current set up and i love the way it sounds..im sure everyone will vote for borla's but IMO there expensive and im not a fan of the sound..but to each his own..

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread