Best smartphone mount

jtfx6552

Established Member
Tried a quick search, no luck, Whats the best way to mount an iphone for "trapster" use? I'd like a mount that is solid, doesn't fall off the windshield, and keeps the phone charged.

I had the tom tom for my iphone 4 that I used in my truck, it was a decent mount, but it's expensive and didn't play nice with "Sync" so I had to unpair the mount. It did keep the phone charged and handy though.

Now I have the iphone 5, so using that isn't an option. Just curious what you guys are using?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had a mount problem in my last car. The suction bracket mount wouldn't stay secured to the dash material that was textured. I found a round disc that was thin enough and spray painted it to match the dash. I then glued it to the dash. Looked like it came with the car. No more issues with the suction base coming loose. Just a thought.

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
Proclips are the best mounts I've used for cars so far. Expensive but very solid and RoM is great.

I've got mine mounted to the dash. Do you prefer a windshield mount or dash mount? What vehicle is this for?

bmore1186

Established Member
I'm also looking for a mount as well, but more for near the dash. Since I have a base model I use the AUX in the center console and the cord doesn't really go to far. Highly annoying to keep reaching down to change song or look at directions.

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
I'm also looking for a mount as well, but more for near the dash. Since I have a base model I use the AUX in the center console and the cord doesn't really go to far. Highly annoying to keep reaching down to change song or look at directions.

Well like I said before, if you're willing to pay for it, the Proclips dash mounts are incredible. I assume your car is a Mustang? If so, I also have base interior as far as electronics go, and it works extremely well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Users who are viewing this thread