Best slicks for the track..

Which slicks are the best for the track?

• Hoosier

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • MT ET Street (DOT APPROVED)

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • MT ET DRAG (Non DOT)

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • Other...

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

04LSKILLER

Established Member
I've had good luck with my MT ET Street (bias ply) 26x11.5x15.
I mount them at home, drive to the track, run 10s, put my convertible top down and drive home.
Who could ask for more??

Thats awesome!! :beer: I run the MT ET Streets, just dont get caught in a heavy down poor....

sleeperv6

Established Member
Maybe u guys can help me....i went to the track yesterday for the first time and i put some m/t slicks with a 9 inch wide welds, i dont know what happend but my car was getting no traction after second gear, it felt like a boat...what do u guys think was the reason this happend???was it because my rim wasnt wide enough for the slicks??? help plz!!

sleeperv6

Established Member
well the first run i put them at 15 psi and then i went down to 12 on the second run and it still didint work...u think is because i dont have skkinys in the front??or cuz the rim is too small for the tire?

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
What were the times from 60' to 1/4. All the increments, 330, 660, 1000' and 1/4. I have a feeling what you were feeling was side wall sway and maybe not loss of traction.

sleeperv6

Established Member
What were the times from 60' to 1/4. All the increments, 330, 660, 1000' and 1/4. I have a feeling what you were feeling was side wall sway and maybe not loss of traction.

my 60 foot was 1.740, my 330 was 5.060.....and yes it definately felt like side wall sway.....

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Side wall sway is common. Just put a little more air in the tires if you want to reduce it some. You have to find a happy balance between controllable side wall sway and traction.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
I run the 26x11.50x15 ET street on my car and it has netted me a best of 1.56 60'. Not great but pretty good for that small of a tire.

Good luck.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
F1's at the track would be hilarious. Those are a joke on the street. I can't even let the clutch out of 1st gera to take off down my street without spin and wheel hop. My Nitto's make the car driveable and feasable.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
My F1s have been 1.7 to 60' and 11.80s out the back door full weight. You just have to drive it out of the hole!

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
If you are looking for the best all around slick for that car... I have ran them all M/T junk either dot or ET... Hoosier was my favorite and I was running a 28x10x15 it actually has a 12" tread width... then I tried Goodyear 28x10x15 t5 compound!!!! AMAZING dead hooks on the street!!! haven't had them to the track yet but there rated for 100 passes

Also from what I know you need a taller side wall if you want to cut LOW 60's 1.3-1.5... 28 is perfect might have to roll the fenders pending the offset of the wheels and the width you run...

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
What size are you guys running with stock IRS and 16" wheels? I just picked up a set of 16" SN95 wheels and want to mount the MT ET Streets (non-radial) on them. I've been looking at 26x10.5's and 28x11.5's. I'm just looking for something that's a little better than a DR (meaning easier on the IRS). I'm limited because of the width of the rim obviously which I think is like 7.5 or 8".
I don't want to roll the fenders and I certainly don't want to grind anything. If I like the outcome, I'll eventually get a better set of rims and upgrade to a bigger slick.
What do you guys think?

pavich91

Established Member
What size are you guys running with stock IRS and 16" wheels? I just picked up a set of 16" SN95 wheels and want to mount the MT ET Streets (non-radial) on them. I've been looking at 26x10.5's and 28x11.5's. I'm just looking for something that's a little better than a DR (meaning easier on the IRS). I'm limited because of the width of the rim obviously which I think is like 7.5 or 8".
I don't want to roll the fenders and I certainly don't want to grind anything. If I like the outcome, I'll eventually get a better set of rims and upgrade to a bigger slick.
What do you guys think?

I just put some sn95 16's on yesterday with 28x11.5's M/T streets and will try them out on friday at the track. I bought these for the excact reason you stated. No grinding or rolling and easier on the irs. I am just sketchy about the 275 street tires up front when running.:shrug:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I hear ya on that one. I want to get a set of byas ply fronts too before I go 130 MPH traps on a mix set up.

Y2k4cobra

Bohemian Bandit II
Established Member
What kind of RPM are you guys dumping the clutch at with the ET streets and what PSI (non-radial). I have a set of 17 inch et streets on cobra wheels and looking to go to the track this weekend

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
It all depends on track conditions.
The better it hooks the higher I launch.
Start at 3500 and go from there then adjust accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread