• Steeda Tri-ax

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Ford Racing (aka Hurst?)

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

need4snake

Banned
Of these 3 which would you all recommend?
Assuming I want to keep the stock look of the shifter - ie. Shifter boot, knob etc... The only reason I'm changing the shifter is because I miss 3rd gear almost every time I powershift. The stock shifter is a sloppy piece of crap.

MGW
Steeda Tri-ax
Ford Racing - (Hurst I think)

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I haven't run the steeda, but have run both of the others. I like the Hurst, but the MGW was just an overall better feel. The handle placement is better as well. Either one works well, I just like the MGW more.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
started with PRO 5.0, then Steeda, and now have MGW (both handles). shift points better MGW imo. Steeda 2nd choice.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
I vote B&M pro ratchet connected to a TH400. The only why to upgrade in my opinion. For all the guys that say that manual is better...I agree. I power shift every gear change!

I have a low milage Steeda Tri-ax sitting in a box. If anyone is interested hit me up with a PM.

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
I never was impressed with the MGW. One reason might be is both MGW Cobras I drove had their handles offset closer to the driver, and I don't like it offset from the center of the shifter. But anyway IMO the MGW shifter easier and less clunky, but also more vague and less direct. I loved my Tri-Ax. Another combo that I know people run and like is a Pro5.0 shifter with a Tri-Ax handle. That is a very nice setup that works well.

Last edited:

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
I never was impressed with the MGW. One reason might be is both MGW Cobras I drove had their handles offset closer to the driver, and I don't like it offset from the center of the shifter.

That is the most uninformative review for the MGW shifter I have ever read. The handle is fully adjustable to be positioned where the driver needs it. Not only can you adjust the handles height but you can also rotate it closer or farther away from the driver's seat. I hate to say it but you are just down right lazy. I say this because either you just bolted the shifter in and left it or you bought a car that already had one installed and never took the time to adjust it to your reach.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jroc

Established Member
I never was impressed with the MGW. One reason might be is both MGW Cobras I drove had their handles offset closer to the driver, and I don't like it offset from the center of the shifter.

That is the most uninformative review for the MGW shifter I have ever read. The handle is fully adjustable to be positioned where the driver needs it. Not only can you adjust the handles height but you can also rotate it closer or farther away from the driver's seat. I hate to say it but you are just down right lazy. I say this because either you just bolted the shifter in and left it or you bought a car that already had one installed and never took the time to adjust it to your reach.

They weren't my cars (edited by moderator, you are not in smack down, watch it!). What did you want me to do say "hey dawg hand me an allen wrench so that I can adjust your shifter."??? I was trying to say that maybe if it was adjusted differently maybe I would of liked it better.

Regardless I wasn't impressed with the MGW. If you disagree with that I don't care (edited by moderator, you are not in smack down, watch it!).

And learn how to quote somebody.

Last edited by a moderator:

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
Had MGW, way too notchy for me.. went back to stock for now and shifting great. Actually still have the MGW in a box packed away.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Had a TriAx, tried the MGW out of boredom. Very little difference. I actually miss the TriAx. But both are much better than stock.

cobrkilrl

Established Member

^^^^^^^^! I have had a MGW shifter in all my Mustangs. It is by far IMO the best shifter out there on the market. I am about to install one in my GT500KR. Just an overall great shifter and I have never missed a 3rd gear power shift. Everyone has their own opinion about shifters and the only way to find out is to install one. If you don't like there is always someone on this site looking for one at a good price so I don't think it would be hard to sell it if you don't like it.

Users who are viewing this thread