Best set up / kit to mount battery in trunk?

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I have done that several times in the past and its always a problem with start-up issues with voltage. Make sure u get extra thick cable lines to run cause I had all types of issues getting proper voltage when running lines that far making the car a PITA ass to start often.

For what purpose anyway? Lightweight batteries weigh like 6 lbs these days.

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
Just buy a Taylor box and go to your local welding shop and buy 0/1 gauge wire and make your own that’s what I did. It’s pretty easy their is a wiring diagram that’s been floating around for awhile too that will really help you out.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve used the Moroso box in a few builds. Plastic, seals up great and cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SVT_Troy

Established Member
  • I'm not a fan of any "kit" on the market. I do like the taylor metal boxes and then piece together everything else. Here's the box I got. You have to be careful as they have different size boxes and you dont want the huge model.
  • With it ran to the trunk I would recommend 1/0 welding cable for both your ground and power. The positive cable needs to be fused.
    • I use cable made by these guys for both ground and power. You need to determine and get the appropriate length. It's better to get too much since you need to do the "big three" upgrade.

Last edited:

lx347cid

Established Member
I have done that several times in the past and its always a problem with start-up issues with voltage. Make sure u get extra thick cable lines to run cause I had all types of issues getting proper voltage when running lines that far making the car a PITA ass to start often.

For what purpose anyway? Lightweight batteries weigh like 6 lbs these days.

I thinking of putting a small dedicated 1 gallon fuel cell (safe) in the battery location which means battery need to go to trunk. But i dont want to have starting issues if i move to trunk.
Do others have starting issues with battery in trunk?

lx347cid

Established Member
  • I'm not a fan of any "kit" on the market. I do like the taylor metal boxes and then piece together everything else. Here's the box I got. You have to be careful as they have different size boxes and you dont want the huge model.
  • With it ran to the trunk I would recommend 1/0 welding cable for both your ground and power. The positive cable needs to be fused.
    • I use cable made by these guys for both ground and power. You need to determine and get the appropriate length. It's better to get too much since you need to do the "big three" upgrade.
Very nice. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread