best route to go for E-85 conversion

KarbisSVT

Established Member
Stock at the moment so yes N/A... would love to go as far N/A as possible

I am on the same mission! I currently have the MRT H-pipe and Pype Bomb axle backs installed and it sounds glorious. Looking to make near 500whp. I am waiting on intake manifolds to come out for the 15 GT and then I will start purchasing everything. I am thinking I can make near 500whp with an intake manifold/Intake upgrade/throttle body/cams and E85 tune.... Is this accurate?

I feel like that is enough mods to make around 470-500whp.. ?? I know an intake/exhaust and E85 tune can get me up to around 418whp. Spoke with a tuner at cunningham motorsports.

If any of this is false let me know... I am a noobie at all this at the moment :D But I feel like this should be some what accurate.

Cheers! :beer:

svtfanlv

Established Member
i think cams and an intake manifold, plus headers, and your exhaust should get close if not to 500rwhp, thats pretty much where i am looking to go... I was thinking at that point tossing a very small nitrous set up at it, just to push it a little further during those necessary times

I am on the same mission! I currently have the MRT H-pipe and Pype Bomb axle backs installed and it sounds glorious. Looking to make near 500whp. I am waiting on intake manifolds to come out for the 15 GT and then I will start purchasing everything. I am thinking I can make near 500whp with an intake manifold/Intake upgrade/throttle body/cams and E85 tune.... Is this accurate?

I feel like that is enough mods to make around 470-500whp.. ?? I know an intake/exhaust and E85 tune can get me up to around 418whp. Spoke with a tuner at cunningham motorsports.

If any of this is false let me know... I am a noobie at all this at the moment :D But I feel like this should be some what accurate.

Cheers! :beer:

boduke0220

Established Member
Cant remember if it was here or another forum but there was a guy that did
cold air
long tubes
driveshaft
e-85
( cant remember if it was stock manifold or not)

but ended up with 475rwhp. cams would easily push you over 500 i bet

svtfanlv

Established Member
nice, exactly what i want, low 11s and N/A
Cant remember if it was here or another forum but there was a guy that did
cold air
long tubes
driveshaft
e-85
( cant remember if it was stock manifold or not)

but ended up with 475rwhp. cams would easily push you over 500 i bet

Hctr154

Switching to E85 is simple. You'll need a tune, and bigger injectors. As far as 500 hp NA, that's not going to be easy even with all the bolt ons mentioned.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
It's already easy to go to E85 as is.

Not really, not as easy as it should be, just read the following to see what I mean:

Livernois Motorsports is proud to announce a new tune now available for 2015 5.0 Mustang GT's . The new Flex-Fuel tune will allow you to run any unleaded or e85 fuel or any combination of both without switching tunes. Using the MyCalibrator tuner and the New Flex-Fuel tune the stock Ford computer with its sensors, the car will now automatically detect any changes in fuel type/ octane rating and adjust the tune accordingly. All without you having to do anything other than adding fuel. Are you wanting to take advantage of the power benefits of E85, but don’t want the hassle of swapping tunes back and forth every time you fill up? You got it! If you want to fill back up with premium and not have to swap tunes back again, you got it!
This is just another unique capability that makes our MyCalibrator one of the most advanced tuners in the industry.

Also Livernois Motorsports is continually perfecting and updating these tune offerings. As part of Livernois Motorsports best in the industry customer support we of course give all our customers free lifetime tune updates for all supported platforms. Just contact [email protected] for updated tunes or information on how to purchase your MyCalibrator tuner. Act now and join the thousands of satisfied MyCalibrator customers! Then go for a drive and enjoy the improved power, shifting, drivability, and mileage that are available only through Livernois Motorsports
with the MyCalibrator tuners.

Order your tunes today by clicking HERE!

svtfanlv

Established Member
Thank you for the information! What size injectors are needed for E85?

Not really, not as easy as it should be, just read the following to see what I mean:

Livernois Motorsports is proud to announce a new tune now available for 2015 5.0 Mustang GT's . The new Flex-Fuel tune will allow you to run any unleaded or e85 fuel or any combination of both without switching tunes. Using the MyCalibrator tuner and the New Flex-Fuel tune the stock Ford computer with its sensors, the car will now automatically detect any changes in fuel type/ octane rating and adjust the tune accordingly. All without you having to do anything other than adding fuel. Are you wanting to take advantage of the power benefits of E85, but don’t want the hassle of swapping tunes back and forth every time you fill up? You got it! If you want to fill back up with premium and not have to swap tunes back again, you got it!
This is just another unique capability that makes our MyCalibrator one of the most advanced tuners in the industry.

Also Livernois Motorsports is continually perfecting and updating these tune offerings. As part of Livernois Motorsports best in the industry customer support we of course give all our customers free lifetime tune updates for all supported platforms. Just contact [email protected] for updated tunes or information on how to purchase your MyCalibrator tuner. Act now and join the thousands of satisfied MyCalibrator customers! Then go for a drive and enjoy the improved power, shifting, drivability, and mileage that are available only through Livernois Motorsports
with the MyCalibrator tuners.

Order your tunes today by clicking HERE!

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the information! What size injectors are needed for E85?

For a bolt on car, we actually ran it with the stock injectors with no issues. This was tested in house with our windstorm CAI, EvenFlo thermostat, and Long Tube headers. having more modifications than this may necessitate larger injectors, but for this level of mods the stock injectors are up to the task.

svtfanlv

Established Member
boom!
For a bolt on car, we actually ran it with the stock injectors with no issues. This was tested in house with our windstorm CAI, EvenFlo thermostat, and Long Tube headers. having more modifications than this may necessitate larger injectors, but for this level of mods the stock injectors are up to the task.

Users who are viewing this thread