Best riding springs??

kyoshosp2

Established Member
I had motorsports K springs on the 2011 and rode kinda rough.. My 2012 has awesome smooth ride but to damn high.. Looking for the softest springs that will lower 1-1.5 inch I guess... Any feed back would be great guys and pics would help :)

grnenvy

Established Member
The Steeda sport spings which I run have a nice ride and the drop is perfect. My only problem is at high speeds it's a little bouncy. But from what was told to me is that convertables have softer shocks and struts from the factory which causes that. I'm also running a TVS which adds 80lbs to the front end. I'm going with a set of Koni's in the future so I can adjust the rebound/ride tension. You may be fine being a couple and lighter.

Last edited:

Turbosixx

Established Member
I too had the "K" springs. Too rough for me, now have the "P" springs and although it's not as smooth as stock, it's a good compromise.

scotmach

Established Member
BMR. I could not even tell by the ride quality I had changed springs. They're a top notch spring.

orgchem

Established Member
I just had Steeda Ultralite springs installed on my 2011 GT. I only installed the springs, nothing else, and honestly the ride is just fine. I could almost bet that if I hadn't told my wife I was getting the springs, she wouldn't have noticed a difference in ride comfort. Only over the biggest pot holes/bumps does it really show. I love them.

Bad Intention

Established Member
I have Eibach pro kit and really like the stance but i have a 26.5" front tire so i scrape way to much. Going to be changing them to something lil taller. Either Eibach sportline or Ford P springs

kyoshosp2

Established Member
@drew yea traded the 11 for a 12 lol..

AL .. I saw your front splitter is close ...

Yea k springs were pretty rough... Thinking BMR or P springs

JB2012

Established Member
I'm pretty new to the whole suspension game, but I think I've read enough times that there is no such things as "best" riding springs. It's the combination of (mostly) shock and spring that will determine ride harmonics. All springs are bouncy, that's how they work. The shocks are what effect how smooth that bounce feels to you as you drive, so you'll need to find the right combo that works for what you're looking for.

kyoshosp2

Established Member
i know they are all stiffer .. just some are knock your teeth out stiff. weather u use a good shock to slow it down or not it still bounces over the rd. i wish i could just cut the factory ones like the old days lol

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
get dampers and springs. stock dampers are awful. thank me later.

konis and frpp K springs or konis and steeda sports get my vote.

phack

Established Member
get dampers and springs. stock dampers are awful. thank me later.

konis and frpp K springs or konis and steeda sports get my vote.

+1. I think with my Steeda Sports and Koni STR.T's, the car became MORE comfortable. There is less body roll, brake dive and fuss over bumps.

Users who are viewing this thread