Best Radar Detector?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Yes, search feature is truly your friend. This has been a topic here at least two dozen times.

XtraTQ

Established Member
You rarely hear negative things about the V1. I'll probably be picking one up here in the next couple months.

buckinwild

Established Member
There are some test/comparison vid's on youtube that may help in the decision process also.

LC281

Established Member
For most discussions I agree on the search option but when it comes to.technology there are constantly new advances and products out there so a new thread on it is nice every now and then right!?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Has the Valentine 1 ever NEVER been #1? Seriously, it seems as far back as I can remember, every review of detectors has the V1 at the top.

txyaloo

Established Member
For most discussions I agree on the search option but when it comes to.technology there are constantly new advances and products out there so a new thread on it is nice every now and then right!?

The V1 has been #1 for over 10 years... So no, in this case, a new thread isn't nice. It's repetitive.

CAM09

Established Member
I dont have a V1, I have a COBRA I think and it has saved me a few times so im good with that until I get a radar built into the car.

txyaloo

Established Member
Where is the cheapest place to buy a V1? Only ever saw it for $400.

The only company that sells them is Valentine direct from their website. If you want one cheaper, buy a used/out of date one on ebay

Catfood

Established Member
You never see V1s for second party sale, because no one wants to get rid of them.

I heard the GPS passports are nice. They don't pick up those repetitive falses from sliding glass doors like the V1 does, but no one can beat the arrows or range.

There are like a billion topics on the V1 if you decide to search.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Dont speed?

That's the "device" I primarily use, although it's hard sometimes not going 10-15 over the limit on a freeway when 90% of cars are over the limit. You kind of go with the flow. That's when a detector can be of value. I really do my best not to speed, but it's tough sometimes, especially when you're in a hurry.

Users who are viewing this thread