Best products for black. Trying something new

Bloostd

War is Hell...
Established Member
Hey Fellas,

I used to do professional detailing before the military. I have a PC, Dewalt Rotary high speed wheel. I'm used to using 3m products because it lacks silica, which you cannot use in a body shop where i used to work. For waxes, I've either used PRO, OR meguires nxt. Thats always worked well. 3m Swirl remover, 3m compound.

I Have a black 2006 ST focus w/ the SAP package, lowered ect, and a DSG cobra vert. I would like to try something different. I have all the pads. I know there is something better than 3m.

Let me know what you recommend.

Thanks alot,

Bret Jamison

19GT92

Established Member
Check out DetailKing.com...they were my supplier when I owned my detail shop. They have everything under the sun and then some. They are based out of PA but are able to ship about 75% of the product they carry. If you need more specifics (like product names) just hit me back but im sure you'll find whatever your looking for on your own. Later dude

BTW I believe they also have a warehouse out in Cali too

Last edited:

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Dodo Juice Blue Velvet or Purple Haze both look awesome on black!

Love that Dodo Juice...I use Supernatural. Just bought a black BMW though with less than loved paint and I didn't want to waste my SN on it, so I used some leftover Klasse AOL...wow that stuff worked well. I would recommend using it as a first coat and top it with the Dodo.

For reference, I had a Grand National many moons ago and scratched the piss out of it the first wax I put on it. Swore I would never go back. I have to admit, the Klasse AOL went on easily, came off even easier and really prepped the surface well. It turned out much better than I expected. Keep in mind this car is a 2001 and just was not taken care of. It has 112k miles. These are the results I got by hand, no machines used.

Not to necessarily downgrade the NXT, etc but over the counter products (stuff you can buy at auto parts stores) are world's behind brands like Pinnacle, Dodo, Klasse, Colonite, etc. Try www.autogeek.com (use code autopia for a 10% discount) for a large assortment of professional products. Or email [email protected] www.dodojuiceusa.com and let him assist you.

bmwb.gif

Last edited:

4Lance

Svt Nut
Established Member
Love that Dodo Juice...I use Supernatural. Just bought a black BMW though with less than loved paint and I didn't want to waste my SN on it, so I used some leftover Klasse AOL...wow that stuff worked well. I would recommend using it as a first coat and top it with the Dodo.

For reference, I had a Grand National many moons ago and scratched the piss out of it the first wax I put on it. Swore I would never go back. I have to admit, the Klasse AOL went on easily, came off even easier and really prepped the surface well. It turned out much better than I expected. Keep in mind this car is a 2001 and just was not taken care of. It has 112k miles. These are the results I got by hand, no machines used.

Not to necessarily downgrade the NXT, etc but over the counter products (stuff you can buy at auto parts stores) are world's behind brands like Pinnacle, Dodo, Klasse, Colonite, etc. Try AutoGeek.com Automotive Super Site (use code autopia for a 10% discount) for a large assortment of professional products. Or email [email protected] Dodo Juice USA and let him assist you.

bmwb.gif

Also, try www.obsessivedetail.com and www.theragshack.com Both already have better prices on Dodo Juice than most places. Enter PROMO10 to get a 10% discount on top of that.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Also, try www.obsessivedetail.com and www.theragshack.com Both already have better prices on Dodo Juice than most places. Enter PROMO10 to get a 10% discount on top of that.

Obessive Detail and Ragshack are the same people. DodojuiceUSA is the importer, these guys buy from him, prices are the same across the board though the 10% off does help!

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I like the Menzerna Twins. Its all in the Prep for great results on Black.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
I'm getting ready to pick some up some Poorboy's Nattys Blue....seen some VERY good results with it on dark colors...

Users who are viewing this thread