Best pricing on 00r Brembo pads

SVTmojo

Track Junkie!
Established Member
The new cobra that I will be running this yera has the 00 Cobra R brembo's up front. I was just wondering where you guys get your pads from. I didn't know if I could run up to my local parts store to get these pads?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
The new cobra that I will be running this yera has the 00 Cobra R brembo's up front. I was just wondering where you guys get your pads from. I didn't know if I could run up to my local parts store to get these pads?

Are you talking about street pads, dual purpose pads(track/street), or track/race pads?

I use the Galphers for the street, I haven't had to buy replacements for them yet.
But this would appear to be a decent price...
http://www.racer91m.com/servlet/the-44/2000-MUSTANG-COBRA-R/Detail

Last edited:

SVTmojo

Track Junkie!
Established Member
They currently will be for mostly street use. I will most likey be limited to a handful of local autocross events, and then one open track event this year. I am planning on running VIR with the SCMC in the end of May.

Lumpydogs

Established Member
Maximum Motorsports has good pricing on Hawk Pads.

Purchase them through a distributor and save a few more dollars.

PM me if you need a good distributor, I got one.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I have read the Galphers aren't a real great open track pad. I've never run them on track.
Street- yes
Autocross- probably

I would save them for the street and buy a set of something more track oriented that could still be run on the street if you want.

Like a Hawk HPS(good for light track duty) or HP+(even better for track duty)

Then when you get home put the Galphers back on. It's always good to have some pads with some life in them stashed in your tool box.

Make sure you bed in the new pads correctly before the event!!!:beer:

PETSNKE

Established Member
I usually will see the Galpher pads for sale on c-c.com

I buy Hawk Blues from MM. They're always in stock, priced competively, and ship the same day. I've had other supplies push the Viper Brembo pads on me which are about 3/8" thinner:bash:

SVTmojo

Track Junkie!
Established Member
I have read the Galphers aren't a real great open track pad. I've never run them on track.
Street- yes
Autocross- probably

I would save them for the street and buy a set of something more track oriented that could still be run on the street if you want.

Like a Hawk HPS(good for light track duty) or HP+(even better for track duty)

Then when you get home put the Galphers back on. It's always good to have some pads with some life in them stashed in your tool box.

Make sure you bed in the new pads correctly before the event!!!:beer:

Thanks for the tips guys.... Hopefully someday I will be able to make the trip way downs south and run with you in TX!

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
I like the galphers for everything but track work. I autox quite a bit and even though the galphers initial bite is soft, they are good pads in the cold temps and modulate very well.

For the track this season I'm going to try the Cobalt XR2 in front and GTS pads in the rear.

nightstalker865

Established Member
I like the galphers for everything but track work. I autox quite a bit and even though the galphers initial bite is soft, they are good pads in the cold temps and modulate very well.

For the track this season I'm going to try the Cobalt XR2 in front and GTS pads in the rear.

There seems to be quite a few people switching over to the Cobalt's

nightstalker865

Established Member
Mike, the galphers work great on the street and (OK....) for autox. I still like the Carbotech AX6's or Hawk HP+'s better. As for track just go ahead and put a good pad on there. The stock galphers just aren't a great track pad.

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
The XR2's are an incredible pad....like throwing a boat anchor out the back... They do dust quite a bit though.

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member

With front brake cooling ducts and Galphers I have not had a problem at Streets of Willow with 105 MPH top speeds. Track is 1.8 miles, with 2 straights. I would not run them on a higher speed track, but they work pretty well, modulation is good and I have not had them fade yet. For a novice or intermediate on short to medium sized tracks they are worth a try with cooling ducts.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I just received some more Hawk Blues from TireRack. They are track only, and cost $162+$7.57 shipping.
The same pads from MM were $169.95+$13.87 shipping.
I shopped around because I get some stuff from MM, but TireRack has regional outlets which helps me on the east coast.
You might look at them if you decide on HP+.

PETSNKE

Established Member
I just received some more Hawk Blues from TireRack. They are track only, and cost $162+$7.57 shipping.

I've never seen Tire Rack have those in stock before. I guess it pays to start shopping before the season starts. Thanks for the heads up.

Is it spring yet?:bored:

Lumpydogs

Established Member
I shopped around because I get some stuff from MM, but TireRack has regional outlets which helps me on the east coast.
You might look at them if you decide on HP+.

Prices vary from time to time based on lots purchased. When I bought my Hamk Blues for the '00 Brembos last year, MM had a much better price than Tire Rack but Tire Rack had the best price on rotors.

p.s. Don't buy Maximum Motorsports direct. Use one of their authorized distributers and save a few dollars. Same stuff just a tick cheaper and drop shipped to your door. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread